cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email from Vietnam

Harv

Sending email from Vietnam

Using my Android phone for email using WiFi at hotel in Vietnam and I can receive fine but sending fails. Normally all work fine in UK.
Webmail works but is totally impratical on the phone
Have checked all settings SMTP auth is on , username & password correct and have tried all combinations of server  & port i.e. smtp.plus.net relay.plus.net & ports 25 & 587
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Sending email from Vietnam

Doesn't look good, see this thread https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,145806.0.html where it has been discussed at length
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Harv

Thanks for the link, as you say, not good Sad
As I'm just away on holiday and want to communicate with family, setting up an alternative SMTP server provider that will work is not a practical option and trying to use Webmail is virtually impossible on  mobile phone as the keyboard obscures the text entry field. Thanks Plusnet!
There I was thinking Plusnet were a great ISP. Next time I have to fill in a customer survey questionnaire, tbe answers may be different.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

This webmail instance might make things a little easier.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

When I have been working away, most recently Saudi Arabia, I usually ignored Plusnet's mail server and used the local ISP's  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Harv

Thanks for the webmail link Bob, it certainly is easier than the default to use on a phone.
Peter, I'm not in a position to track down a local ISP server address Sad Good thought though.