cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Outlook emails after Windows 10 install

GerardLKIng
Dabbler

Sending Outlook emails after Windows 10 install

I use Outlook in Office 2013. I have three email accounts for private and business; since installing Windows 10 I cannot send emails form any of the three accounts. My wife's laptop using the same Outlook and Office software; same internet connections, does not have any problems; she has not installed Windows 10. I have tried sfc /scannow three times with all programmes closed and it does not change, I still cannot send emails. Any suggestions please? Fortunately a Microsoth Exchange account is accessed via a website and I have a tablet that I can use webmail with. HELP!!  Regards Gerard King
14 REPLIES 14
BruceMcTavish
Grafter

Re: Sending Outlook emails after Windows 10 install

Just to make sure, you need to have a "space" after sfc and before / for this fix to work. not sure if that was the case so worth a mention, hopefully.
Plus, it can take a few tries, keep going till no error messages given.
Invisible71
Dabbler

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10. It seems to be a Microsoft problem as the settings are correct.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Yes, it is a Microsoft problem.  Nonetheless, the solution for most people is to run the System File Checker as stated.
Invisible71
Dabbler

Could you tell me how to do that?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Type cmd into the search box then right click Command Prompt at the top of the list of results and left click 'Run as Administrator'.  Click yes in the User Account Control window.
In the Command window type:
sfc /scannow
then press enter.  As stated in the second post, there is a space between the c of sfc and the /
Invisible71
Dabbler

Many thanks ReedRichards but I have now solved this problem by following Bob Pullen's instructions on the above thread - New windows 10 mail apps  Smiley
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

The OP, GerardLKing posted that he had a problem with Outlook and you, Invisible71, then posted that you had the same problem.  If you were really trying to set-up the Windows 10 Mail app then you didn't have the same problem.
Invisible71
Dabbler

Perhaps I should have started my own thread. Just to clarify. When saying I had the same problem, I meant in not being able to send mail after the upgrade. Also, I mentioned it being a Microsoft fault rather than being anyone's settings. PlusNet said they may issue a patch to cover it.
However, I spoke too soon and the problem is not resolved so I will try the method you advise.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

The method I advised is a known fix for Outlook only.
I have the Windows 10 Mail app working fine with PlusNet IMAP (and IMAP on another email account) on my computer, following the set-up instructions given my Bob Pullen.  But Bob Pullen says that some PlusNet mail accounts need adjustment before that will happen.
I also installed Windows Live Mail from the Windows Essentials 2012 package on my Windows 10 computer.  This runs perfectly and does not suffer from the deficiencies of the Windows 10 mail app.
Bishybarnybee

Quote from: ReedRichards
Type cmd into the search box then right click Command Prompt at the top of the list of results and left click 'Run as Administrator'.  Click yes in the User Account Control window.
In the Command window type:
sfc /scannow
then press enter.  As stated in the second post, there is a space between the c of sfc and the /

Thank you! - this solved the problem for me.  Smiley
(After upgrading to Windows 10 my  MS Outlook program would receive emails fine and correctly send the Welcome to MS Outlook test message but any I sent myself got stuck in the outbox and timed out.)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just out of interest one of my PC's has had a problem today sending email from Outlook 2003.
Running sfc /scannow (from an elevated command prompt) fixed it.  Cool
It's not used that often to send mail so I'm not sure if it is a problem that arrived with Windows 10 which was installed on it a few days ago. Probably is.  Lips_are_sealed
Invisible71
Dabbler

Thank you ReedRichards. The sfc  /scannow seems to have done the trick. So far, so good  Smiley
maisonoakley

Hi,  same problem for me Windows 10 / Outlook 2013 - solved with sfc /scannow.
Many thanks.
sueml

Smiley :)sfc /scannow  solved the problem for me at first attempt. Windows 10 and outlook 2010. Thank you so much.