Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email reported as Spam!

mduffin
Dabbler

Sending Email reported as Spam!

Hi,

Just tried to reply to an Email and it's not sent, its just giving error 552 saying rejected due to Spam or virus...

I'm just replying to an email from a company called Annke ( I've emailed them in the past with no issues ) there are no attachments on this email so I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mick.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Sending Email reported as Spam!

It's probably something in the company's signature , a url to their website perhaps ? 

Try removing their signature from the reply and see if it makes any difference

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

soulfulsoul

I have a similar issue, following error message displayed.

552 Spam Message Rejected

Are there any idiot proof write ups / youtube videos available showing how to resolve this.

Cheers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm afraid there isn't. Something in your outgoing email has been marked as spam by the Cloudmark anti spam system and it is refusing to send it. As I said above, it's often caused by a website url in signatures . Remove all unnecessary references from your reply and try again

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mduffin
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply, I ended up creating a new email and that sent OK.

Funny though the email I was replying to, I had replied to this email a couple of weeks ago with no issues, not sure if the spam software has had some settings changes and becoming more strict..? 

main thing is I was able to send the email.

Regards,

Mick.