Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/Receive error 0x800CC0E

jamesraine
Dabbler

Send/Receive error 0x800CC0E

Hello.
Hope someone can help....
I came in to my office this morning and upon opening outlook got  send & receive error  0x800CC0E and have had it now for the last 4/5 hours.
I initially contacted my email provider (Go daddy) and they explaining they were aware of an issue which laid with BT, they apparently had been informed that the issues were been rectified, something to do with patching.The chap at go daddy went on to explain they had been inundated with similar complaints. They instructed me not to change settings or anything as the problem should correct it self.
After 5 hours and still no email I contacted my ISP (talk talk) and they explained they were not aware of any issues and was the first the had heard of this. Also as my email isn't with them so they are unable to provide any support. This brings me here.
If anyone has any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks Jim
2 REPLIES 2
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: Send/Receive error 0x800CC0E

Assuming by 'outlook' you mean Microsoft outlook.com, it sounds like someone somewhere is blocking ports 995 (POP incoming mail) or 993 (IMAP incoming mail) and/or 587 (outbound mail) on a client email program (Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail,...)
Worth checking your antivirus system's firewall logs to see if it is blocking things - and worth a trial with your firewall turned off.

Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Send/Receive error 0x800CC0E

Quote from: jamesraine
I initially contacted my email provider (Go daddy)
After 5 hours and still no email I contacted my ISP (talk talk) ... Also as my email isn't with them so they are unable to provide any support. This brings me here.

Hi Jim,
Am I missing something here?  If your email is with Go Daddy and Talk Talk is your ISP why have you come to the PlusNET support forums?  Is there something else you've not mentioned?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.