Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary mailbox

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Secondary mailbox

Still doesn't make sense to me. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE TWO 'DOMAINS' - MYNAME.PLUS.COM & ENGINEER.PLUS .COM -  unless you have two accounts with PN.

A further thought - have you left PN and then come back?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@jab1 yes it's impossible to have two .plus.com domains but I wonder...

@Brian9  do your secondary mail addresses actually end in .plus.com or are you just using that as an example. Since you've been with plusnet for some time , I wonder if you took up the free domain offer due to the email hack some years ago ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@Brian9 do you log in to the same account to access both your email address something@username.plus.com and something@engineer.plus.com?

Also can you post up a screenshot of the entire browser screen showing something@engineer.plus.com listed in your account? 

Might help identify how that’s been set up. 

Make sure you redact personal info from the screenshot though such as your account username and whatever’s before the @ symbol of your engineer mailbox. 

Brian9
Dabbler

Thanks all

Yes my secondary email for example ##@engineer.plus.com (note: engineer is a made up name) ends in plus.com and in fact that's what used in registering for the community and plusnet send me an email to confirm my mail address of course I could have used ###@myname.plus.com as well.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Sounds like you have two login accounts...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case , I can only agree with John ( @jab1 ) here

Still doesn't make sense to me. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE TWO 'DOMAINS' - MYNAME.PLUS.COM & ENGINEER.PLUS .COM -  unless you have two accounts with PN.

You must have two accounts

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brian9
Dabbler

Well as mentioned my oldest email saved using ##@engineer.plus.com is 12 years old

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Do you log in to the same account to access both your email address something@username.plus.com and something@engineer.plus.com?

Brian9
Dabbler

Well if I have two accounts how do I see my mail box for ###@engineer.plus.com?

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

You’d log in to the member centre using the username engineer and the password. Reset the password here https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed 

Brian9
Dabbler

Thunderbird does it so for example for friend setup would be email address friend@myname.plus.com and server name mail.plus.net and user name would be myname+friend

and

for example vouchers would be email address vouchers@engineer.plus.com and server name mail.plus.net and user name would be engineeer+vouchers

Brian9
Dabbler

Firefox remembers my passwords so no need to change my password to enter the community?

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Fix

I think there’s some confusion. You’d need to go here https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Log in with the username engineer and the password is the password for the primary engineer mailbox 

Brian9
Dabbler

You might have solved the problem as logged in with user name engineer and it's very old with dial up 😲 and added another email reply@engineer.plus.com but have to wait 30mins to see if it works. Hope it doesn't affect anything else as I just get one billing from plusnet for emails, internet use and phone.

Moderators Note: full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but have to wait 30mins to see if it works

It says that but the change is usually immediate. Try a test email to the new address...

and it's very old with dial up

Sounds like an old account that was converted to 'email only' (a free generic services account). Did you leave PLusNet at some time in the past and then return ? It's not possible to reuse an existing account when returning so a new one would have to have been created.