Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam mails

Boxersoft
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Scam mails

About a week ago I started receiving scam emails. They come in various forms (secure message from NatWest or HSBC, tax notice from HMRC, new fax and so on) but all contain an attached .zip file. I'm getting several of these per day and they're rather a nuisance. I'm rather surprised that the PlusNet filter isn't discarding them as "obvious spam" (which is enabled on my account). The subjects are not tagged with [-SPAM-] (that option is also enabled) so I assume they're not being identified as spam at all.
Is anyone else suffering from these?
2 REPLIES 2
colbrad
Grafter

Re: Scam mails

I've had an increase of these over the last three months on my Freenetname / Madasafish Justmail account that I access through Plusnet webmail. They seem to come in floods then stop for a week or so then come again just as strong from a different source. I have requested advice or improved filters for this kind of spam via customer services and each time have received an annoying copy / paste response that never really addresses the quest for help.
Boxersoft
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Scam mails

Doesn't sound very promising 😞  Thanks for the reply though - at least it's not just me!