cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy TabA 10.1

margy652

Samsung Galaxy TabA 10.1

I cannot get my Microsoft outlook app working on my tablet as above. We can send out e-mails but not receive them and we can't find where to put the settings in to go through to PlusNet.  We have managed to get the inhouse e-mail app working but when deleting e-mails out of the tablet it also deletes them out of my webmail so therefore they are not getting through to our main desktop computer I need this for printing excetera. Please can you help

Margy652

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Samsung Galaxy TabA 10.1

When you set up the account in the Outlook app did you go into the Advanced Settings section (and scroll down to see and fill in all the fields)? That shows both incoming and outgoing server sections with appropriate mailbox access (user) names and passwords.

Usually unless those are entered correctly the account fails to set up at all.

David
margy652

Re: Samsung Galaxy TabA 10.1

Thank you for getting back to me. I don't seem to be able to get as far as Account settings as it won't recognise my Microsoft e-mail and password. I have been looking at the in house e-mail app and it is working fine but the only issue is that when e-mails are deleted and then delete all everything goes out off my webmail server as well, the Samsung Galaxy is my husbands and I was worried that unread e-mails would be deleted before they had chance to come through to my computer. I have looked in the settings in the app. and found that I can change it to never delete from my server so hopefully this will now stop that happening. if that is the case then I will not bother with the Outlook App.  Your thoughts on this please.

Margy652