cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPF record using Freenetname

bobcox
Hooked

SPF record using Freenetname

I recently started to experience failure messages sending to BT internet addresses from my freenetname domain (bobcox.co.uk)

The failure message suggested that my message was from a bulk spammer address. I challenged the BT internet tech support:

Their response is as follows:
The domain "@bobcox.co.uk  " having no spf record. The traffic sent by such domain with no SPF record would be less. An SPF record is required to increase the traffic limit. No SPF record results in rejecting the mails once the counter reached its limit. but the domain holder should be made aware to modify their SPF records in-order to ensure timely delivery of mails.Kindly contact domain admin/ISP provider to set up spf record.

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: SPF record using Freenetname

Hi @bobcox,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I've tried searching our systems for this domain, however I'm afraid that I've been unable to find it. Please can you send me a private message with the account username so we can investigate further from our side?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The Madasafish domain control system doesn't support TXT records, so what's been suggested isn't possible I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

More to the point in the absence of a SPF record other service’s responses should be neutral - not aggressive as appears to be happening here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fxbronte
Grafter

Hi Bobcox

I have a very similar problem but my domain is domain.plus.com which is ironic.

bobcox
Hooked

Hi AJ

Did you find anything during your further investigations please