cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM

Ali1

SPAM

Over the last few days, my spam filter has been weeding out about 40 spam messages a day, mainly from loan, dating, contact, sites etc... It just started very recently, no idea why... any way i can stop them. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: SPAM

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Do you mean stop the spam filter weeding out these messages ... or to stop the messages?

If you mean the latter, no nothing really.  By whatever means your email address (along with millions of others) has been harvested somewhere and is not being abused by toe rags.

Best thing is to just let the spam filter do its job and ignore them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Ali1

Sorry to hear this. You can log into your member centre here, and go to Manage my mailbox on the left side. If you then proceed to the Spam tab, it will let you adjust the level of filtering and also add specific addresses (i.e gmail.com) to a black list. This will stop all future emails from that domain.

Hope this helps. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Indeed black listing can be useful, though it needs to be done with care. For example, you’d not really want to block all email from gmail.com

Black listing is also not overly likely to block as much spam as might be hoped, as many spam regimes are (a) frequently changing their point of origin (domain) or (b) spoofing a third party’s email address

Spam is a real curse which more often than not we simply have to accept will come ... just like the rubbish which drops through out letter boxes ... and needs dropping in the trash can without opening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ali1

Spam filter etc already set up and working.. checked everything on my account. at least none going into inbox... cheers.