cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM

billrailton

SPAM

Has anyone ever actually had any success when they've pressed the 'spam' button above their e-mails. I get loads of the damned stuff, and when I try to report it nothing happens. I usually just end up deleting it, but that doesn't stop it re-ocurring.
Anybody got any tips to get this to work?
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: SPAM

Reporting spam just builds up a picture for the spam service to act on -- it doesn't directly block anything.
If you're getting a lot of spam from a particular domain, you can blacklist the sender. If you have a particular email address getting a lot of spam and can afford to lose it, you can open a new mailbox and 'blackhole' the spammy address. Also, you can try adjusting the sensitivity of your spam filter, and changing the way it disposes of recognised spam. All using the 'Spam' tab under 'Manage My Mail' in the Members' Centre.
None of this may help much but, for what it's worth, I don't get any spam at all to my three mailboxes....
Best wishes
Chris
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is a difference between spam and unwanted e-mails.  Unfortunately some very legitimate companies get labelled as spam because people just send in reports willy nilly, I have one company that I have to retrieve mail from the spam box on a regular manner
David_W
Rising Star

Can't you add the domain to a white list?  I'm sure there is a feature on SPAM controls in the portal that allows that (or doesn't it actually make a difference for you?)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I could, but why should a reputable company get labelled as spam
gavintasker

I agree with the previous post. I have kept my old e-mail address when ever I have changed ISP so the current holder of my e-mail is TalkTalk. From there I ask them to forward my mail to Plus Net. Unfortunately it is forwarded BEFORE Talk Talk`s excellent spam service deletes the dross.
The "spam" button here is USELESS and extremely slow to go through it`s feeble performance..
Sorry Plus Net but your squirrel mail is poor and antiquated!
Gavin.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How spam is handled by Plusnet has absolutely nothing to do with Squirrelmail....