cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roundcube text corrections

colintivy
Rising Star

Roundcube text corrections

I have been using the new Webmail  system on and off ever since it came online after a period of trying it out during the Beta phase. I had a period when constructing long emails ran out of time, this seems to have been corrected. Now I am finding that it behaves a bit peculiarly when it decides that some text is in error.. It seems to ask for correction of parts of words, sometimes with spaces and bits of following words to be unacceptable which is odd.  It is not the case of USA English spelling only in its vocabulary.  Has anyone else found this a problem?
  Huh
15 REPLIES 15
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Roundcube text corrections

The only spell-checking peculiarity I can recall is that in version 0.6 when editing with plain text the final word followed by full stop (and nothing else) was flagged as a spelling error. Suggested replacements didn't include the full stop. This seemed absent on a 0.7 installation but a different spell checker was used in that installation (Google there vs pspell here). I'm uncertain whether the different spell checker was confirmed as significant.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

Hm! I failed to remark that it has happened with received but Fwded emails where perfectly proper text was used but rejected by the spell checker and which clearly was not altered by the sender. I believe that I am using the current edition of the program but do not know the version number. The full stop oddity does describe part of the anomaly in that the stop, a space and the first letter of the next word have been highlighted. Could I be using version 6 or is it still lurking with me?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The current Roundcube version is 0.7.2. I think it is most unlikely that you are accessing anything other than that official version. If you forward a copy of the message from Webmail to yourself the User-Agent header gives the RC version.
Could you perhaps post (in quote tags) a paragraph of text exhibiting this spell checking peculiarity (edited if necessary for privacy) for others to try?
David
colintivy
Rising Star

@spraxyt,
I have disabled the spell-checker for the time being and all seems to be OK. When I have time I will try to give you an example. It should be the up to date version of Roundcube on the laptop, it was through the the good offices of Bob Pullen @ PN that I got it in the first place and I assume that it would be updated as necessary now that I am using it more or less all the time.If not what is the route to get the latest version. That would explain why I am seeing something that version 6 seemed to have.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Are you still using a betawebmail link to access Roundcube? Now that Roundcube is the default webmail service, access to it should be via https://webmail.plus.net/.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

I get on using the saved log-in at Webmail on Home as a user for some time (which is what your link describes) & certainly not the betamail route which I used during the trials.. I have not done the "mail to me" exercise to look at the version yet but would expect it to be on the latest one. What is odd, the symptoms do look like version 6.
When the checker is on and I see the symptoms, the system seems to prevent me sending the message unless I correct them, which makes it difficult to send you the raw data unless I copy an image and attach it to a post which I can certainly do.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

When I try to send a message containing spelling mistakes, as expected the spell checker warns me of these. However if I change nothing and click the "send" button again the message is sent. Have you tried doing that when the strange warnings crop up?
David
colintivy
Rising Star

I have only seen this odd action when FWDing stuff from others. When composing, errors are flagged up exactly as Word/LibreOffice would and the correction panel is identical. I have checked that my version is the latest (0.7.2) so that is a help. I have not had anything in which needed FWDing so far but if I do, I will take a screenshot of what it looks like and post it. It is quite weird. I believe that if I fail to correct something it ignores any attempt to send.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Guys,
I tried tolook for the version number of Roundcube, but failed dismally.  How does one find out the version number?
Chandu.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Send your self a webmail from Roundcube and look at the detailed headers. (The version is that which is installed on the Servers by Plusnet and should be 0.7.2).
colintivy
Rising Star

@ Chandu,  I sent myself an email as Anotherone says, then I used the old webmail (Squirrel) to look at it  because there you have the option to look at the full header displayed. I did not find that option in RC but it might be lurking somewhere. Near the bottom there is a heading for User Agent where the version is displayed. Mine is 0.7.2 which accords with the earlier posts.
Anotherone
Champion

Yep it is lurking in RC Whilst you have the message selected (or viewing it), click on the Gearwheel Icon - More actions .... and select Show source. This will open in a new window/tab. The Gearwheel Icon is the RH one of the 9 in the second row of icons at the top of the message list.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

It's even more lurking! Just click on the small black arrow above the email view and a full header pane will appear.
That's RPM to you!!
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm Embarrassed  I'm obviously lurking in the wrong places, I'll have to lurk round your's RPM as I have more to learn. I normally make a habit of checking out little things like that, but missed that one  Roll_eyes