Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roundcube Removing Paragraph Breaks From New Emails But Not Replies To Emails

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Roundcube Removing Paragraph Breaks From New Emails But Not Replies To Emails

Two things.
Firstly I presume that the Roundcube Email trial forum section has now been closed to the creation of new threads as I just visited there and the option to start a new thread did not exist even though I could post a reply in an existing thread.   Can I assume this is because Roundcube is no longer considered a trial webmail product by Plusnet but the Live "Advanced" (seems pretty unadvanced to me compared to the webmail products of your main commercial rivals but is just less Stoneage than SquirrelMail) version of your webmail service?
Secondly I can't at first glance find any postings about a problem I have experienced from time to time with Roundcube with new emails that I originate as opposed to me Replying or Replying All to somebody else's email.
I find that if I originate a new email in Roundcube that even though I compose the email with clear one line breaks between paragraphs and it displays that way when I send the email if I then check back in the Sent folder I find that a plain text version of the email with no line breaks between paragraphs seems to have been saved.  The fault is particularly annoying in that it only seems to happen sometimes.  If you forcibly introduce HTML formatting in to your original email by using Bold or Italic or Underlining in the text then it does not seem to happen.
Surely I can't be the only person afflicted by this problem and it is also a very annoying one as it makes one's emails look sloppy, poorly presented and hard to read to the person or persons that you are sending them through to.
I will now have to start sending bccs of all my Plusnet webmail emails to a couple of other email accounts I have at other ISPs to see if the problem with removing paragraphing happens consistently with all new emails that I originate or if it is restricted to emails where there is no formatting like Bold or Underlining to force Rouncube to use HTML formatting.
Any information from anyone else who has also had this problem would be very much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Roundcube Removing Paragraph Breaks From New Emails But Not Replies To Emails

From the topic at the top of the trial forum:
Quote from: Oldjim
To add to the above we will be looking to change the status of Roundcube on these forums from trial to live.
As such, a few days after the go live date, we will be removing the ability to create new threads (you will still be able to reply to existing ones) as new threads should be made in the email board http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,65.0.html
At some point after that replies to existing threads will also be blocked but we will move any live threads to the email board so you can continue the discussion. Hopefully there won't be any - or not many at least.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Roundcube Removing Paragraph Breaks From New Emails But Not Replies To Emails

Quote from: jelv
From the topic at the top of the trial forum:

For some odd reason I never seem to read the static locked threads that mods lock at the top of internet forums.
However I take it you have no suggestions then on the removal of line spacing between paragraphs?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've tried this and I can't make it happen when using the Plain Text or the HTML editor. Here's the source of the body of my html test email as received:
<html><body>
<pre>Line 1<br /><br />Line 3<br /><br />Line 5<br />

I'll PM you my email address so that you can send me an email to illustrate what you mean (attaching a screen shot of how it looked before you clicked send would be cool).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)