Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox

As I said "(Sorry - just remembered I was going to try opening in SM instead...) "
I haven't seen it happening there - but I rarely use it nowadays. Will keep monitoring but the problem only seems to happen about once a week.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, It's not an easy one to pin down I'm afraid,
Jojo Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I've noticed that whilst waiting for the mailbox list to load (not the folder list in the LH pane) the bottom RH corner of the pane says the "Mailbox is empty." not that this necessarily has any bearing on the matter. I've not yet noticed anything similar to the OP, but there again I don't get that many new messages in one go. I'll try some experimenting when I have a moment.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Happened again this evening - opened RC - 29 emails clearly showing as unread out of 31 total - but only showing up to noon.
I clicked "Inbox" and it reloaded as 59 unread emails out of 61 up until ten minutes ago. (Sorry - forgot to check in SM - doesn't always happen...). So 30 of them had "got lost" somewhere.
drj
Aspiring Pro

It happened again today - interestingly this time at work so a totally different computer system, different connection (Virgin Fibre), and different browser (IE8) though still on XPSP3.
I opened up RoundCube and only 20 unread emails were showing - I clicked on "Inbox" and it immediately went to 62 unread emails.
Working correctly at home this evening - though that MIGHT be because when I remember I open up in SM before trying DC - and it's always been correct in SM...
drj
Aspiring Pro

It happened again today at work - I opened RC just before 2pm to find approx 40 emails running out at 11.54 - I right clicked Inbox and opened a new tab - suddenly there were approx 62 emails in there up to the then current time.
Fine at home this evening - though again I opened in SM first to check there. I've not seen the same issue occur at SM at all.
drj
Aspiring Pro

After a period when I've not noticed anything amiss I can record it happened again today when I opened up RC on my home computer this evening.
However this time the problem was slightly different to what I've deduced previously.
As opened (at 17:19) the last email received was timed at 15:38, the Inbox was recording (35) unread emails and the total at the bottom was reading "Messages 1 to 37 of 37" (i.e. I'd already read two previously in the day)
Thinking some would have come in between 15:38 and 17:19 I clicked on Inbox to refresh and the last email was still the 15:38 one. However the Inbox was now recording (42) unread emails and the total at the bottom was reading "Messages 1 to 44 of 44" - an extra 7 in both cases.
Examination of the "new" emails showed that the old listing had 6 showing as received at 11:39 whereas the refreshed screen showed 13 received at 11:39 (all from eBay daily searches) - the extra 7 had appeared.
Hence unlike previously when the "missing" emails seem to have been the most recent ones, this time the "missing" ones were definitely from earlier in the day.
Clearly something is wrong somewhere within RC...
drj
Aspiring Pro

The inequality in numbers of emails happened again this evening.
This time I opened RC in Chrome and SM in Firefox. RC was showing 21 unread emails, SM was showing 25 unread emails.
RC once refreshed was also showing 25 emails unread - the four most recent ones appeared. Something is clearly wrong in the way RC is initially displaying information ...
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Is there a long period since the last session in RC before this crops up or does it just come up randomly?
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

It happens on a work day when I check and usually download emails in the morning, and then look at tea time online so as to weed out the Spam before downloading. The incident at work was when I looked at lunchtime.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There's no reason why you shouldn't open both RC and SM in different tabs in the same browser if you want to try that. IMAP mailboxes are designed for multiple access - from webmail and/or Internet based clients - and "equivalent" changes should replicate across the applications (might require the mailbox listings to be refreshed).
I've just tried this with FF on a mailbox with no unread mail, and one with three unread messages. The counts tally between RC and SM in both cases.
David
drj
Aspiring Pro

Today I opened both in Firefox
Quote from: drj
The inequality in numbers of emails happened again this evening.
This time I opened RC in Chrome and SM in Firefox. RC was showing 21 unread emails, SM was showing 25 unread emails.
RC once refreshed was also showing 25 emails unread - the four most recent ones appeared. Something is clearly wrong in the way RC is initially displaying information ...

It's happened again today but this time it's SM that's showing the wrong number of emails - all were unread but SM clearly shows 24 at the top left despite there being 25 emails recorded at bottom right. RC was correct this time.
Note also the times are showing differently
drj
Aspiring Pro

And again!
Opened up RC in Firefox on my laptop this time and find twelve new emails, all unread, but it's showing 11. A refresh immediately changed that to 12 with no new emails appearing.
kmilburn
Grafter

This might be a silly question, but,  have you checked the message headers and checked the time they were delivered.
It's quite possible that the message were sent within the same minute,  but could easily  get separated  in the queues.
I regularly have  a message delivered more than 3 hours after it's sent time,  which is the time shown in SM and RC.
drj
Aspiring Pro

What I'm saying is that the displayed time of a message in RoundCube is different to the displayed time of the same message in SquirrelMail. Clearly they're not displaying the same sort of time. I might analyse at some point but you'd think they'd give the same...
EDIT - a quick check on one of the eBay ones timed at 11.50/11.53 shows that the earlier time appears to be the "sent" time, whereas the later time is the "received" time - and that's also the time reported in the OE listing.
So RoundCube shows "Sent" times and SquirrelMail shows "Received" times