Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox

I got home from work this evening and opened up RoundCube as I usually do to weed out the Spam before downloading to OE.
I could only see emails up until 10.28am this morning - see attached screenshot timed at 1720 clearly showing this fact and the fact that there are 29 emails in my inbox. I didn't do any operations there following that discovery nor did I open OE.
After searching around the internet to find out whether this was Plusnet's fault or my domain name redirect service's (123-reg.co.uk) - not successful since Yahoo to where all my emails are mirrored was ALSO down - I eventually sent a test email to my base Plusnet email address from Gmail.
However on opening RoundCube again I was surprised to find not only the test email but others from throughout the day - as I'd usually expect to see. The inbox figure is now clearly showing 55 emails  - see attached screenshot timed at 1731.
I can't see I'm doing anything wrong here so that suggests there is a fault with webmail somewhere.
Please note this is not the first time I've witnessed this - but is the first time I have documentary evidence to confirm. It's happened previously on 2 or 3 occasions - say monthly?
111 REPLIES 111
drj
Aspiring Pro

Re: RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox

In fact the situation is worse than that. Having posted the above comments I returned to my PlusNet inbox to find 62 emails there - but with only one more than previously having come in! It was 55 before!
The attached screenshot timed at 17.48 shows more emails appearing - between 14.03 and 17.18
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi drj,
I often find that emails will appear in my yahoo email that weren't there before. I'm not sure it's a problem as such, more delayed email. I notice the ones that appeared were mostly from ebay, it's quite possible that they were just delayed.
Jojo Smiley
drj
Aspiring Pro

A lot of them weren't eBay emails - and why are emails GENERALLY getting delayed?
drj
Aspiring Pro

A very similar - possibly connected - problem tonight suggesting there's more wrong with RoundCube or Plusnet Email than you seem to recognise.
I logged on this evening to see the Inbox at the top and the bottom right announcing there are 31 emails - but look at the listing - there's only 19 actually showing - and no slidey bar to access any others? Like yesterday only the earlier ones are showing.
This one WAS resolved by hitting the Inbox folder link to refresh the screen - but perhaps you could explain why it didn't automatically show the full list when I logged in initially?
drj
Aspiring Pro

I've just checked the header of one of the emails delayed yesterday - the one sent from the plusnet forum and noted as received at 16.14 - here's the top part of the header:
Return-path: <www-data@pih-community01.servers.plus.net>
Envelope-to: <drj's email>
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:14:56 +0000
Received: from [212.159.8.109] (helo=avasin15.plus.net)
  by inmx09.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) id 1Rpj1M-0004eF-0b
  for <drj's email>; Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:14:56 +0000

This CLEARLY to me shows it was not delayed but actually arrived at 16.14 - nevertheless it's not on either the 17.20 or 17.31 screenshots above only appearing in the 17.48 one.
Please advise where it was during that missing 90 minutes.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

On some occasions I've seen the list after logging in not being up to date. I recall one incident where there were emails that I had already deleted (the day before, I believe) showing up on the list, a quick refresh and it's properly up to date.
Not sure what the cause is but it wasn't a browser cache issue, as cache is flushed at end of session (manually). It may well be linked to the issue already reported of just deleted emails opening up after clicking on another one to read.
That's RPM to you!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RPMozley,
When you say refresh, do you mean refreshing the browser page or do you mean reloading the inbox by hitting the button in the webmail client?
drj
Aspiring Pro

<deleted - sorry - just realised the question wasn't posed to me - I'd already implied I'd reloading the inbox by hitting the button in the webmail client>
By the way it appeared all correct this evening when I logged on
RPMozley
Pro

Quote from: Matt
When you say refresh, do you mean refreshing the browser page or do you mean reloading the inbox by hitting the button in the webmail client?

Ah, yes. Sorry about that, not being specific enough. I meant the refresh button in RC to reload the inbox list.
That's RPM to you!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, does seem very odd - it's not a widespread issue, things seem to be working fine for people in the office here. I realise you're clearing your cache at the end of each browser session, but do either of you get the same problem if you use a different browser?
drj
Aspiring Pro

I'll have to wait until I see it happening again. I use FF 99% of the time but could try in Chrome or IE8 instead.
RPMozley
Pro

Well, difficult to test this out as it doesn't happen all that often for me. I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye out for it.
Oh and also to mention that I usually use Camino with RC (which is roughly equivalent to Firefox 3.6.x). I've not tried RC with Firefox 9 much, may even be not at all. Not tested with Safari either.
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

The same problem manifested itself this evening.
I arrived home, started Firefox (it wasn't already running), hit the RoundCube bookmark and I saw a listing of emails ending around lunchtime. All indications were that there were only 20 emails in there - see first screenshot clearly indicating 20 at top left and bottom right.
I then hit "Inbox" in the left column and the refresh suddenly revealed there were actually 33 emails in my inbox!
Now I know this might be happening I can obviously get round it - but there's clearly something wrong and others won't necessarily realise.
XPSP3 FF10
(Sorry - just remembered I was going to try opening in SM instead...)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi drj,
Does this happen in squirrelmail?
Jojo Smiley