Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve sent folder from webmail

colbee
Dabbler

Retrieve sent folder from webmail

Hi,

I mostly use web mail but occasionally fire up my pc and download all of the emails onto the machine in outlook, thus clearing the inbox in webmail. It's become apparent that this does not retrieve the sent folder, so as a result I have 5000 odd sent emails taking up space. I cannot find what I am supposed to to to get the sent folders downloaded to outlook also. Any tips ?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Retrieve sent folder from webmail

It sounds as though you are using a POP3 configuration. Use IMAP instead and move the emails to a local folder.

Please ask if that needs more detailed guidance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @colbee 

@Townman makes a good point above - here is our email guides 

Let us know if you need further guidance 

thanks, 

MoR

colbee
Dabbler

Yes please -  my current config is pop3 incoming, smtp outgoing. When firing up outlook it pulls all emails from server, clearing webmail inbox. Sent does not sync, and all sent (that were sent from within webmail) are left in webmail sent, leading to a huge mailbox and plusnet complaining!

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @colbee,

Are you having the same issue with the other folders?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
colbee
Dabbler

I don't believe so.

What I have done now is:

- Set up new email acc using imap this time (using Thunderbird)

- Download and sync inbox, I can now see the contents of server webmail "sent" in the "sent" in Thunderbird

- Created new local "sent" folder within Thunderbird

- Copied server sent to local sent.

- Cleared out "sent" within Thunderbird, and this is now reflected in Webmail.

I have used webmail extensively from work since 2007, so there were circa 4700 sent emails, which I guess is too much to keep on the server, but this seems to be the only option to keep them without exceeding my storage limit.

It's odd (to me) that POP in outlook would download only the inbox, but I guess that's how it works?