cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining email

pgwd
Hooked

Retaining email

I have had such poor service with my broadband in the country. I recently wanted to upload a file to dropbox. It was expected to take 18 hours. A few days later I am in Kew London and the same file uploaded in 8 minutes. My only solution is to go with a satellite link. My question is how do I leave PlusNet and retain my old globalnet address?

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Retaining email

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I believe you can keep it for a small fee.

It sounds like you may have a speed fault, which moving ISP may not necessarily fix.

Can you try www.speedtest.btwholesale.com and post the results.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved to Email board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pgwd
Hooked

It turns out that having complained to my MP about the lack of fibre in my area he got in touch with Openreach who got in touch with PN. It turns out that my cabinet is fibre enabled and I am able to access much faster Broadband. I have no idea why nobody ever told me that I could upgrade my line. I am happy to upgrade and will let this forum know how it went.

If there are upgrades available surely PN must be missing out on a lot of business due to customers like me not being aware of what is available.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us.

As a Globalnet account is no way related to a Plusnet account you don't need to tell us you're wanting to keep it when/if you move your home phone/broadband service away. Your Globalnet account(s) will remain as it is.

Let us know how your fibre upgrade goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet