cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining and forwarding emails

ianmcleod1963

Retaining and forwarding emails

OK, I've just installed a CCTV system which sends alerts via email. This can only be set to one address so I've used my plusnet account. I would like an alert to go to my wife as well. Looking at a redirect it would send the email to her address if set up, but I would no longer get them as well. Anyone any idea how I can set up so that email sent to a specific email address gets retained but also forwards to another address?

3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 54

Re: Retaining and forwarding emails

Yes, as you said using a redirect would simply send the single copy of the email to a different address.

If you use an email client (eg Thunderbird or Outlook20xx) on a PC/laptop that runs most of the time you could create a message rule/filter that copies that email on arrival to a different mailbox.

Alternatively an external provider (probably a paid-for one) might provide this option. I think free ones are likely to provide simple forwarding rather than the store and forward combination you require.

David
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

Alternatively create an email address specifically for this purpose and set up all of your devices to read that mailbox.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Create a gmail email account. Then create multiple rules to forward the email to both of you.

See http://www.nordicblueconsulting.com/forward-emails-multiple-recipients-gmail-google-apps#.Wtok5Jch3R...

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)