cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining an e-mail address

Susie_1010
Dabbler

Retaining an e-mail address

After approximately 12 years I am leaving Plusnet - it's just too expensive and renewing a 'contract' was going to cost even more, I'm going elsewhere for half the price, but every internet account I have has the plusnet e-mail address - can I keep it (and the subsidiary ones) and how do I go about it please?

10 REPLIES 10
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Retaining an e-mail address

Hey @Susie_1010,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving our service, however, I can understand why.

I have emailed our Customer Options team to downgrade the account to mail only once you switch providers. This should happen automatically, I will check back on your date of transfer as well to make sure the correct actions are taking place.

Thanks.

Susie_1010
Dabbler

Thank you so much Maddy - my other half and I are 'getting on' in years and due to retire - I really don't need added complications! (and HE has no clue about anything technical!)

Your help is much appreciated

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries.

I'll check back on the transfer date and update you here  Smiley

Thanks.

Susie_1010
Dabbler

I'm confused! 

My e-mail has not been set up the same as it was previously 

its coming up as my username @ my username as the main e-mail address

whereas I had my initial.surname@username previously

on setting up the additional e-mail addresses I can't seem to access the destination column to input information in there

Susie_1010
Dabbler

I thought this was sorted as I now have e-mails set up - but there is nothing in the destination columns - should there be ? I can't seem to change anything there -  my old e-mails are now in my inbox 

but

I'm getting an error message as I'm trying to send an e-mail 

SMTP Error (550): Failed to set sender "e-mail address" (<e-mail address> sender rejected - invalid domain (no MX or A record)).

Susie_1010
Dabbler

I can't send or receive e-mails from any of the e-mail addresses despite my old e-mails being in the inbox

Sending from another e-mail address I get this message 

DNS Error: 2383486 DNS type 'mx' lookup of 'username'.plus.com responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: 'username'.plus.com

Susie_1010
Dabbler

@Mads can you help please

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Susie_1010,

I'm sorry for any confusion that this may have caused you. Judging from your account,you've now corrected this by recreating the mailbox online - is this the case or are you still experiencing issues? Just in addition to that, do you have the old emails from your previous mailbox setup?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Susie_1010
Dabbler

Thank you for replying - yes I think things are resolved, I had a problem with the microsoft outlook - but think I've got round that now

Old e-mails were there after a little while - I didn't even have to set the sub indexes up as they all suddenly appeared!

So I'm good to go!

Just panicked a bit.................

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it's sorted!

Let us know if you have any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team