cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Plusnet email addresses

bhglynn

Retaining Plusnet email addresses

I have had to leave Plusnet after 12 years.  I joined a new provider yesterday expecting that my '.plus.co,' email addresses would continue.  However, only my main email address is now working correctly.  Other addresses are failing, mainly refusing to send.

Please tell me that you able to save me from the nightmare of changing all my email addresses.  I hope you can tell me what I need to do if anything.  I have noted other people on the community that you have helped in this way.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Retaining Plusnet email addresses

@bhglynn Did you request that Plusnet downgrade you account to a free 'email only' subscription when you started the move? - if not you may have problems as the Help Team don't frequent these boards very often these days, and it is them who will have to try and salvage it for you.

John
bhglynn

Hi John,

No I didn't request that. My new provider said my old email addresses should follow me.  That was what I expected.  I have read in the community that this can be done by the Help Team.  How should I go about that please?

jab1
Legend

@bhglynn - Don't believe everything you are told.Very few (if any) ISPs will allow you to use their mail services on another network. You SHOULD be able to receive (via webmail), but I do not believe you will be able to send.

It can be done in the community IF a Help Team member picks it up fairly quickly, but as I have said, they are not around much these days.

My only suggestion at the moment is to ring PN and hope you get an agent who knows enough to rescue your mail account before it is totally wiped.

John
bhglynn

Thanks again,  If I don't get a response from a Hellp Team member in the next few hours I'll try that. Regards

jab1
Legend

TBH, @bhglynn , I'd forget the Help Team - they've become helpless.

John