Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to recover emails ignored

Hiems89
Grafter

Request to recover emails ignored

Hi,

On 7 August 2021 I called Plusnet Customer Support to request the recovery of some emails. As I explained to the rep, in an attempt to be a good email citizen and reduce my space usage, I was transferring emails from the Plusnet server to my local storage. Unfortunately, one batch was deleted from the server, but did not arrive in my local storage. Having the precise dates, I asked for them to be restored. The CS rep raised a question (#216897192) and apparently raised a task to the Net Operations Team. The question raised was review only: no option for response. (Strangely, it also invited me in case of any questions to contact johnlewisbroadband.com, though that is not my provider - presumably an error and not an attempt to duck questions.) It did gave a Net Ops task number.

That is the last that I have heard. Finally, a little tired of waiting, I called Customer Support on 27 August. The rep was cordial, but had no information. He said he would raise another question.

Since then I have heard nothing. The good side is that at least no one has said that the emails cannot be recovered. Can any of the admins here help, please?

Best,
Ian

2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Request to recover emails ignored

Hi @Hiems98,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. I've had a look into the account and it seems we'll need a few more details to investigate the matter further. Please could you clarify which mailbox was affected by this issue? Please send this over to me on a private message and I'll get this raised to our Net Ops Team as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Hiems89
Grafter

Re: Request to recover emails ignored

Hi Alex,

Thank you for getting back to me. I've sent you a private message.

Best,
Ian