cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies to webmail

ard126k

Replies to webmail

I've been trying webmail for the first time while away from home and I've hit a snag.
I can read my incoming mail just fine, but if I reply to a message it goes out as from accountname@accountname.plus.com (instead of my usual address) and if the person then replies to that message their reply is bounced as undeliverable. I assume I've not got a setting right somewhere but where?
TIA
Alex.
3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Replies to webmail

This seems to be a "feature" of Squirrelmail, or maybe just PN's implementation of it.
Anyway, to overcome it, go to Options > Personal Information, and enter the correct address.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It looks as if you might have username@username.plus.com set as your default email address, even though it doesn't map to a mailbox.  You may want to reset this default (using Manage My Mail in the Members Centre), as well as changing the address used by webmail.
Best wishes
Chris
ard126k

Thanks guys
I think 4c's solution is the one, I sent a message from my Apple Mail and it arrived, then the reply also arrived! I couldn't see any way to change the default address (which was correct anyway) but I also set up a 'catchall' to see if that helps.
Alex.