Did you mean: 

Replies to Gmail accounts being rejected

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Replies to Gmail accounts being rejected

There is a third way - some agents who cannot be bothered to offer good advice wish email and its users would just disappear.

The future of email was under discussion two years ago, since when there has been investment in the email platforms. SPF has been implemented on the MAAF brands and DKIM on the Plusnet brand. Thanks to SU discussions a “hack” was implemented to inject a TXT SPF record for hosted domain names on the Plusnet brand.

This is all rather detailed technical stuff somewhat over the heads (capability?) of first line support who do wish email would go away…

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Good point, @Townman .

John
Richard-261
Grafter

I'm afraid 'support's' replies are causing me to plan for leaving Plusnet.

Their manager needs to have serious words with them. With a big stick.

2 strokes good - 4 strokes bad : George Orwell.
DrRoy
Hooked

Dear Gandalf, truly a wizard. Today it is working. Many thanks, Roy
Zeroblue
Hooked

Thanks to MisterW and Towman et al, this issue has with GMail has been resolved. For now at least looks like I am staying with Plusnet,

turneraa

@Townman 

You wrote: "The future of email was under discussion two years ago, since when there has been investment in the email platforms. SPF has been implemented on the MAAF brands and DKIM on the Plusnet brand. Thanks to SU discussions a “hack” was implemented to inject a TXT SPF record for hosted domain names on the Plusnet brand."

My domain does not seem to have received this update as I still cannot send to gmail addresses from either my domain (using Outlook 365) or from PN webmail. The domain was first registered with Globalnet (taken over by Madasafish then Plusnet.

I have used nslookup on my domain as suggested earlier in this thread & the primary name server = ns1.force9.net. There is no SPF line in the output.

My account these days is on the MAAF site.

Any idea if i will get the fix mentioned -- or will leaving be the simplest option?

Many thanks.

jab1
Legend

@turneraa The MAAF brands unfortunately are not compatible with the PN platform, and the only way to sort it in these cases is to move your domain to another registrar.

John
turneraa

Thanks John @jab1 .

@Townman did say "SPF has been implemented on the MAAF brands and DKIM on the Plusnet brand" but I guess you are right -- I have to move my domain. Thanks.

Angus

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

That’s referring to the native account email addresses (username.plus.com for Plusnet, or madasafish.com to name one of the numerous Madasafish brands).

Unfortunately, due to the way the system works, the workaround to create a SPF record for a Plusnet domain doesnt work, if it’s hosted on a Madasafish account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DrRoy
Hooked

Small positive update - after the "fix" in this thread - not only do my emails go to Gmail ok, but the Norton VPN no longer blocks my webpage.  Great for me - thanks to the Forum and Gandalf in particular.  Roy

Real_Grizzly
Dabbler

Hi I have the same issue with posts to gmail, I see mention of a fix (txt SPF?) but no details. when I asked Tech support yesterday they said I needed to delete my email account and remake it OR "EMail" gmail as it was their problem not a plusnst one! Please help as more companys are using gmail these days Living in hope
jab1
Legend

@Real_Grizzly Are you just sending from a 'myname@myusername.plus.com', or from a domain?

John
Real_Grizzly
Dabbler

Sending from [Various_Names]@ShadeyCo.Co.Uk the address I have used for years, gmail problem seems recent (within the last few years as more people are using gmail ;-<)
jab1
Legend

@Real_Grizzly  - give me 10 minutes to finish my dinner.

John
jab1
Legend

@Real_Grizzly Sorry - got sidetracked. Is your domain hosted by PLUSNET? - If yes, then I understand this should solve the problem: https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Replies-to-Gmail-accounts-being-rejected/m-p/1914861#M42628

John