cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the default email account?

m063
Grafter

Removing the default email account?

Just been helping one of my referrals to add a Kindle Fire to his network, which required moving from POP3 mail to IMAP.
Noticed he has 2 email accounts:
accountname@accountname.plus.com, which is marked as default, and
username@accountname.plus.com, which is set as catch-all.
I would like to get rid of the first, so as to receive all email to the second, but there is no option to delete the first.
Only way I can see is to move the username inbox etc to the accountname inbox then delete the username mail account and reset the catch-all.
Any easier way?

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Removing the default email account?

Did you make the second account the default and apply it before you tried to delete the first one?
Edit: Is there a postmaster@ redirect to the first account that would also need changing to the second one?
David
m063
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Did you make the second account the default and apply it before you tried to delete the first one?
Edit: Is there a postmaster@ redirect to the first account that would also need changing to the second one?

How do I make the second account the default?
(We haven't got any redirects)
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think you can
But what you can do is to change the contact email from Plusnet to whatever you want and then either use that for everything or as I do create email addresses as required
For example my default is username@username.plus.com but my contact email for Plusnet is postmaster@username.plus.com and nothing uses the default and it isn't even the catchall as I created a new one specifically for that purpose
This is where you see and then change the default contact email https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
m063
Grafter

Thanks OldJim, will do that.