cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding "Email from Plusnet" email received this evening (and how I am affected by it).

FIXED
MarcusJClifford
Grafter

Regarding "Email from Plusnet" email received this evening (and how I am affected by it).

This is related to the announcement at:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-from-Plusnet/td-p/1611089 

I have a number of PlusNet connections (ADSL2+ and FTTC).

I have a large number of devices, clients and servers at the various sites that are configured with a number of different SMTP addresses either directly or via SMARTHOSTS. These go to a variety of Internet SMTP addresses (all with authentication). 

I also have multiple clients using Office 365 (Outlook)

Each site also has a SMTP server configured and some devices send email to that before that server relays it to Internet based smarthosts (non-Plusnet).

Can you confirm if the change you are making will affect any of this? From reading the topics I think it will which will be a big problem for me... 

Edit: I should also add, the "from" field is mostly not a plusnet email address (I have my own domain for Office 365) and for some others I have other domain email addresses.

I was reading up on what SPF records are so thought the above may be useful info.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Regarding "Email from Plusnet" email received this evening (and how I am affected by it).

Fix

Hi there.

We'll be deploying SPF on the username.plus.com domains and as a result any e-mails sent from a username.plus.com domain, which aren't sent via our outgoing mail server may be rejected as the mail won't match the servers specified in the SPF record. In your case it sounds like you'll be OK for those e-mails you don't send from a Plusnet email address.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MarcusJClifford
Grafter

Re: Regarding "Email from Plusnet" email received this evening (and how I am affected by i

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the explanation, that is clear and makes good sense to me i.e. email that says it is from plusnet is actually sent via the Plusnet servers. 

I appreciate your rapid reply. 

Marcus

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Regarding "Email from Plusnet" email received this evening (and how I am affected by i

No problem Marcus.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet