cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting email from a madasafish email address to a new email address

daydreamer1952

Redirecting email from a madasafish email address to a new email address

Hello, I've just joined and hope that someone can tell me how I redirect my madasafish email to a new non-plusnet email address? Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Redirecting email from a madasafish email address to a new email address

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Email 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daydreamer1952

Hello, I had a notification that 'Dvorak' had replied to my question (thank you Dvorak) but there's a message from the moderator saying that the reply had been moved from Chat to Email. I've no idea what this means and after clicking all the possible links it just takes me either back to the moderator's message or a previous reply which doesn't answer my question. First time on here and very frustrated with the experience. 😞

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Welcome to the forums @daydreamer1952 . The 'message' that you received was merely a notification that your post had been moved to a more appropriate section of the forum, where those with the required knowledge would be more likely to spot it - not everyone views all the different boards.

Now to try and understand your original question. Exactly what do you want to do? If you are using another 'non-Plunet' email address', so far as I know, there is no 'redirect' option. The only way to get your emails to the new address is to inform your correspondents via an email from the new address, or if you are talking about an online subscription (such as Amazon/eBay or similar), then you will need to alter the address within your account details on those sites.

Hope this helps, but if you need more information, just ask.

John
daydreamer1952

Hi John, many thanks for the info, much appreciated. Best wishes, William
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@daydreamer1952 Though there is no re-direct available, some mail services (such as gmail) can be set to "pull" e-mails - which provides the same operation. IIRC, gmail will also forward e-mails if your new service cannot pull the messages.

PeeGee

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.