cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving email in Outlook Express for .co.uk

steveml

Receiving email in Outlook Express for .co.uk

Hi,
I wonder if anyone could help. I have setup Outlook Express to receive and send mail using my Plusnet email address without problem, however I have a .co.uk email address link within my website and I also need to be able to collect mail from here within Outlook Express. As my website domain name isn't hosted by Plusnet (the domain name is registered with easily.co.uk) will this be possible, and if so are there settings I need to change?  I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to use a mail redirect from within the hosting company, or if there is a workaround to enable me to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Receiving email in Outlook Express for .co.uk

If you want the emails from your domain to appear in your Plusnet account, you'll have to setup email forwarding.
Alternatively,  you pay easily.co.uk to provide email hosting.
steveml

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have now set up a catch-all at Easily for domain  <snip>
I've tried to test this by sending an email from within my website, but haven't received anything. Is there a chance I may done something wrong, or can it take a while for forwarding changes to become active?
Once again, thanks for your help.

n.b. email settings for Plusnet used in Outlook Express are POP3 (not sure if this would affect anything).
jim:green personal information removed otherwise Google would pick it up along with multiple web crawlers mod:end

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Does not easily.co.uk have an email set up guide? I can only say that for my hosted site the mail server is pop.<hosting>.co.uk or imap.<hosting>.co.uk and auth.smtp.<hosting>.co.uk, with login username the same as for the account access. That, to me, seems the logical way to do things - the hosted site email is a mailbox in your hosting account referencing your hosted domain.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
NedLudd
Grafter

Easily.co.uk operate a cheap email package called 'JustMail' for a tenner a year. Sign up for that and you will get the info you need.
You will then be able to send and receive via their servers or put in a redirect to your PN account.
Geoff,
York.
steveml

Hi,
Thanks everyone for your help. Just to let you know, the mail redirect within Easily is now working fine.
I think it was down to me being a bit impatient. It took about 15-20 minutes for the redirect to take effect, which led me to believe it wasn't working when I initially tested it.