cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-sizing message list/viewing pane in webmail

NickyOver
Dabbler

Re-sizing message list/viewing pane in webmail

I want to decrease the size of the viewing pane on the webmail page on my tablet to show a bigger list of messages. I know that how to do this on a laptop was covered a few years ago, but I can't do it on my Samsung tablet - there is nothing to use to drag the bottom of the list of messages downwards to increase the size of the list of messages. Any suggestions? Any attempt to drag the page onscreen just moves the whole thing.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Re-sizing message list/viewing pane in webmail

Indeed some tables (touch screens) are pretty bad with touch n drag boundaries.

You might find it easier to turn off the pre-view pane.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NickyOver
Dabbler

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do want to see a preview of messages - just want to see more of the list and less of the preview pane!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you are insistent on using pre-view, you could try accessing web mail on a computer, set the screen split where you want it and then log out.

Then return to the tablet and see if that is better.  IIRC Webmail remembers the position of the screen split.

Touch screens are not good at telling the difference between dragging and scrolling.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.