cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-directing Plusnet e-mail to new account

Sunshine

Re-directing Plusnet e-mail to new account

I recently tried to help a relative set up an e-mail re-direct as they were moving house and closing their Plusnet account.  I spoke to Plusnet who said the account could be changed to mail only at no cost.  That sounded perfect so agreed to that, but after the change we logged in and just saw the message 'this account is closed'.  So we rang up Plusnet and they said they would get that sorted, but two weeks on and no change.  Looking on the website and this forum I see no mention of a free e-mail service, though there is mention (in a forum post) of such a service for £1.06 per month.  Does anyone know what the true situation is?  It's not a massive deal, we can live without the re-direct, but after about 15 years of PlusNet service this is the first time they've completely failed to deliver what they stated on the phone (twice).         

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Re-directing Plusnet e-mail to new account

@Sunshine You can have a free 'email only' account, but this needs to be specifically requested before you move providers, as it is a manual process, so needs monitoring until it is created. When did your relative move providers, and was it specifically requested at the time?

John
Sunshine

Thanks for the quick reply!  They made the request on the 6th of March, to take effect from the 20th March (which was when the next D/D would otherwise have been paid).  It didn't happen on the 20th, so rang up on the 21st to enquire, and was told it would get sorted.  It hasn't been.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

OK, I think I understand what you are saying. Couple of questions, though - how many actual email addresses are involved - just one, or more than one? As it is not actually a 'redirect' but the recreation of the email component of their account, are you saying that the component is not recreated?

John