cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Madasafish gone and so has my address book

sparkle

Where has madasafish gone?  Does anyone know?  Can anyone help?  I can't access my emails or my address book.  Why weren't we informed about this?  Tried ringing plusnet today but also gave up after 20 mins on hold.  Will try ringing again tomorrow.

3 REPLIES 3
GTofEssex

Yes, I have the same problem regarding the address book. You can get to your emails by logging into PlusNet webmail but I am far from impressed that we were not prior warned that this would happen.

I am also not impressed with the PlusNet webmail. I receive a lot of spam and could just delete it in Madasafish but all I can do is move it to a trash folder in PlusNet which is supposed to be emptied upon log out but does not work even though I have set the server preference for it to do so. The delete button just doesn't work merely comes up with a message saying 'Server Error:Create:Invalid Mail Box Name'. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@sparkle wrote:

Where has madasafish gone?  Does anyone know?  Can anyone help?  I can't access my emails or my address book.

What emails can't you access? Is it those that were in a particular folder?

Regarding the address book, you should be able to retrieve the old entries by following the steps detailed in my post here.

Apologies for the confusion Sad

GTofEssex wrote:

I am also not impressed with the PlusNet webmail. I receive a lot of spam and could just delete it in Madasafish but all I can do is move it to a trash folder in PlusNet which is supposed to be emptied upon log out but does not work even though I have set the server preference for it to do so. The delete button just doesn't work merely comes up with a message saying 'Server Error:Create:Invalid Mail Box Name'.

Sounds like the special folder might not be assigned correctly. Navigate to Personal  Settings > Special folders, and make sure the correct folder is selected next to the Deleted Items option.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

GTofEssex

Thanks for your advice Bob. I have now recovered the data from my Totalise address book and have the folders configured so that I can delete the spam. I'm getting used to using it now and I like being able to drag and drop messages into the appropriate folder.