cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: E-mail Problem – Spain

CreekBoy

We spend several six week periods in Spain throughout the year.
I recently signed up with Orange Spain for a mobile modem/dongle
The hardware is a ZTE MF60
It is very good except that it will not let me send e-mails.
I can receive OK but when I try to send I get the error message
“error 0x800CCC92 e-mail server rejected log in Verify user name and password”
I know both user name and password are correct.
The tecnos at PlusNet have taken control of my computer in an attempt to solve the problem and confirm that all of the e-mail settings are correct.
I can send e-mails using WebMail and also via a land line modem so the settings are definitely OK
After extensive correspondence with PlusNet they say that they are unable to diagnose the problem
I have spent ages on the phone to Orange Spain and they are adamant that everything is OK with the line.
They also say that they are not blocking e-mails to other than their servers from port 25 and claim that it is PlusNet that is preventing the mails to be sent.
They confirm that there is no setting on the ZTEMF60 that requires amending for mail to be sent.
Has anyone experienced similar difficulties and how if at all have they sorted it?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Instead of using port 25 I suggest trying port 587 (all the other settings the same). If that works it suggests Orange Spain do restrict port 25 to their own email relay.
David
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Well according to this http://atrophied.co.uk/read/ee-broadband-orange-broadband-block-outgoing-e-mail-on-smtp-port-25 Orange UK certainly block port 25 so I'd suspect that Orange Spain do.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CreekBoy

Thanks for the replies.
I have tried port 587 with the same result
I have asked specifically if they block port 25 and they say no!!
Does anyone know the SMTP for Orange Spain?
I could I suppose try that.
Its very frustrating
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

smtp.orange.es I believe
You can prove conclusively whether they block port 25 by trying to telnet to the server.
Try telnet relay.plus.net:25 , you should get a something like a 220... response
If you don't get a response then they are blocking it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.