cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random missing emails

katpaw
Grafter

Random missing emails

I've had a few people email me in the last 3 weeks chasing up email replies - I've checked my mailbox and the original had never been recieved.
There has been too many for it to be a coincidence.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences in the last 3 weeks?
Cheers, Paul
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Random missing emails

Sorry for the late reply, wondering if this is still an issue for you?
Let me know which email address that relates to and if this is something you check online usually (i.e http://webmail.plus.net) or if you use a mail program such as Outlook.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anteaus
Grafter

Yes, see my other post, one of my clients has this issue. It has been ongoing since sometime in December. I've turned off spamfiltering but it's yet to be seen if this makes any difference.
There is no trace at all of the lost messages, they don't seem to be flagged as spam. Quite possible the sender is DNSBL blacklisted but not knowing their sending IP I can't check that.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

If somebody sends an email to a Plusnet address and it's rejected at the SMTP level then it /should/ generate a failed delivery message. As long as the 'Discard Obvious Spam' option is disabled or spam filtering is disabled entirely then everything else should get through AFAIK.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵