cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantined email: Move directly to Trash?

KevH
Rising Star

Quarantined email: Move directly to Trash?

I've got a hosted domain and use the email (.org.uk) to re-direct to .plus.com. Unfortunately one of the websites that has the domain email address has been compromised and we are now getting a significant amount of spam email.

The PN spam engine is very good at picking out the vast majority of these emails and flagging them as quarantined, but I have been looking for a way to re-direct these to the trash folder rather than having them appear in my inbox which then takes some time every day to delete them.

I've checked the email settings but I can't find a way to create a rule (which I could in say outlook) to move these messages to another mailbox folder. Does anybody have any advice here (other than to register a new domain and to block the compromised email addresses or turn off the email forwarding from .org.uk to plus.com)?

Cheers - Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Quarantined email: Move directly to Trash?

You could set up a new mailbox on your Plusnet account called (say) rubbish. Wait until it's been set up, then use the control panel to blackhole messages sent to it.

Finally change the .org.uk forwarding to go to rubbish@ ...plus.com instead of the current setting.

However, isn't there a similar way of dealing with messages at .org.uk rather than adding to internet junk traffic?

David
KevH
Rising Star

The problem I have until I can get a new domain registered and up and running is that some of the email addresses that are being used by the spammers are still being used for legitimate reasons [I've used the format of <website>@<mydomain>.org.uk for each website/service I've registered with but unfortunatley <myname>@<domain> is also on the spam list along with a dozen or so website email addresses].

So far the spam engine has been good at picking out the spam so re-directing the quarrantined messages would fix my problem, leaving legit emails to be sent to my inbox.

The only other option is to track the compromised emails and re-register a new email address for these sites and use the hosting redirection service to drop the spam emails - this wouldn't fix the issue with spam to my primary email address but would reduce the volume of emails needing manual deletion.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In ManageMyMail Spam settings have you opted to have messages identified as spam moved to your Inbox?

If this is the case would changing the setting to move to the spam folder - as shown in the image below - or perhaps to a different mailbox ameliorate the problem?

SpamHandling.png

David