cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with email on iPad

Preacherlady
Grafter

Problems with email on iPad

I seem to be having problems with receiving emails as the iPad does not seem to want to verify my email details. I was having problems on my iMac but that seems to have improved but takes a looooong time for them to arrive.
Why can I not access emails with my Plusnet address on the iPad?  Why does the iPad not accept my details?
Do other people have this problem?
Have tried to get them through gmail but that does not seem to want them either on iPad or iMac.
Asked in support and just got told to use webmail!  But that is not acceptable.
12 REPLIES 12
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Problems with email on iPad

That is indeed unacceptable.
If the iPad will not connect, then it usually means that you've mistyped something.  I've got several PlusNet email accounts configured on several devices without issue.
Are you configuring it for imap or pop3 operation?
When it goes through the verification process, it will initially fail asking if you want to try a non-SSL connection, to which you should say yes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Preacherlady
Grafter

Have checked what I input, and have tried the non SSL connection and it just keeps trying to verify it.....
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

It might be worth while completely clearing out the email configuration and starting again - after a restart.  iPads are a bit notorious for screwing up the email configurations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Preacherlady
Grafter

Well it just will not accept Plusnet.... So can only get emails addressed to me using Plusnet on iMac (and that took a bit of fiddling about too) which is very irritating!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Whilst in that case incoming emails were being received, so setting that up is not detailed, does adapting the instructions posted here help?
David
David
Preacherlady
Grafter

Will have another try tomorrow thanks.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Still having problems.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

If you use the same email login details as are failing on your iPad does login to webmail work?
David
David
Preacherlady
Grafter

You mean The password, yes can get in webmail no problem but prefer that on the iMac as easier to read!  Will have to try again with the mail though as also use another email address and would like read them all in same inbox.
Still cannot understand why Plusnet email address cannot be verified but will persevere.
RogerJM

I am not sure if my experience with Plusnet and my two iPhones (5S and 6) will help but when creating my imap accounts on both phones the time verifying seems to take ages. I ticked the non SSL choice and off it went again verifying. Then the same Yes to no SSL box came up and shortly after ticking Yes for the second time the account verified and I could go back to confirm the account which set up OK. It seems a bit laborious and long winded but it did set up in the end. Could this be the same on your iPad?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think the reason it asks the "no SSL" confirmation question twice is probably that it's once for receiving mail and once for sending mail.
David
Preacherlady
Grafter

Have given up trying to get Plusnet email on iPad.  Will just see it on iMac.  Do not know why have this problem but annoying.