cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Windows Live Mail 2011

juliasdream
Grafter

Problems with Windows Live Mail 2011

I believe the usual method of transferring contact list from Outlook Express on an xp computer to a new 64bit windows 7 machine would be to export them as csv . open Windows contacts file and import the csv
This appeared to work in my case except they dont appear within the Live Mail program.
If I go to "start" and type "contacts" the list is there in full but I can't find a way to associate it with WLM 2011
Is there some new procedure with the 2011 version of Live mail that I don't know about?.I've worked through every menu and every tab and I cant see any obvious way of associating them
Thanks in advance for any help on this
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Problems with Windows Live Mail 2011

juliasdream
Grafter

Thanks for  your reply
I think that the tutorial that you sent me looks very helpful but
I have searched everywhere on Windows live mail but cant find a contacts folder anywhere.
The only think I can see relating to contacts is "add new contact" which I opened and tried just adding a contact. There were no other options but to save which I did.
Still no contact folder anywhere to be found in WLM
I have imported all of the addresses into a folder called contacts where I've clicked on start and typed contacts
they all appear there but when I click on an email address it says its not a valid win32 application
I know this laptop is a 64 bit operating system and i cant find a way to associate the contact folder with WLM
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not sure if it's changed with the latest 2011 version but my (2009) Windows Live Mail allows importing contacts from:
.WAB
.VCF
.CSV
Outlook
Windows (current user contacts/address book)
I've helped people with the later version and IIRC it's pretty similar.  Undecided (once you've found import....)
juliasdream
Grafter

I think it has changed because the illustrations I get in the tutorial that Oldjim sent me to aren't the same
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63