cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

bazzer
Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

@Mav Understood Mav. I hope for your purposes and for mine and others they sort this out so that we can all concentrate on other issues.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@drj wrote:
Have you not had the email from PlusNet on Friday?

Nope!  No email - well not yet anyway?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I didn't see any Webmail from PN either wonder how they decided who to send mail to and who not to ?Huh

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It was posted to the Service Status section of the forum and if you subscribe to Service Email Updates you would have received the following email

Service: Email
Posted: Fri, Nov 25 2016 at 15:52:26
Subject: Planned Email/Webmail maintenance - Monday 28th November 10pm - Tuesday 29th 6.00am

When's this work happening?
10pm Monday 28th, until Tuesday 29th 6am.

What does it affect?
Email collection, email delivery and access to our Webmail service.

How long will it take?
Up to eight hours, although it's unlikely to take this long.

What does the work involve?
We're upgrading our email storage platform.

Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes.
You will be unable to collect any email (POP3/IMAP) for the duration of the work. When trying, your email application may return error messages.
You will not be able to log into our Webmail service for the duration of the work and are likely to encounter error messages when trying.
Email sent to you will not be delivered whilst the work is underway.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Email sent to you during the maintenance window should be queued and delivered once the work is complete. There is a slim chance that some emails from senders not complying with internet standards may not arrive and need to be resent.

Kind Regards

Customer Support

--
This email has been sent to you because you have requested to join the Plusnet Status Mailing List.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Fantasticfourum - I think the email in question is the one you subscribe to which sends you notification of PN/BT &c maintainence.

I'll see if I can find the link tomorrow, unless anyone beats me to it.

OOops , Browni posted while I was composing.Smiley

John
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks that explains all ...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

a post while composing ??  thought that was supposed to be fixed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Obviously not, @rongtw - although they were both timed at 9.44PM

John
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't know whether they've started the rectification works early but it's now 18.30 and I can't get webmail to show any emails - it just says Mailbox is empty.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

18.40 Sad  Sad  Undecided  service unavailable

OOOOOPS

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Christy
Hooked

I've had similar problems with webmail. I was not able to access webmail at all several times today. I get error messages such as 'service unavailable' and 'server error'. It is always slow. Before August, there were occasional problems - which I understand can happen; there was a significant deterioration recently. I suspect PN has made some kind of change since then and is no longer able to manage the amount of webmail.

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

The last few days:

Weekend (26th/27th Nov) to about 9:30 Monday morning - Webmail was surprisingly quick, (compared with the past weeks). 'Oh good', I thought, 'maybe they've fixed it earlier than planned.'

Monday afternoon - Almost totally unavailable from 4 pm through the rest of the day. 'OK', I thought, 'maybe they've started the maintenance early.'

Monday night - 10pm - 6am. Time of planned maintenance. 'Well,' I thought, 'Best give them a chance. I'll see if anything's better in the morning'

This morning - 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 - nothing. Oh, but the Mobile service has been launched, so all's well with the world.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well I can log into webmail but it is very , very slow. 

However I have lost all my emails!! Yes, my inbox is totally empty. Somehow the spam folder isn't! Grrrrrrr

Edit: Well if I use SquirrelMail my inbox is there. If I use advance mail it isn't.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
chalbury
Grafter

After a so-called 'overnight fix', I find that webmail is the same old slow, slow, slow medium. Mac mail seems OK but I use webmail to check for messages wrongly labelled as spam.

DerekS

I have had an ongoing problem before and after maintenance in trying to get my emails to load up.  Often I get a server error.  Sometimes they load up eventually but this morning not at all.  Telephone calls to Plus net have not resolved the problem and they suggest try the community pages.  At moment totally underwhelmed with PlusNet.