cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anon
Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

I think its time to decide that Pnet are useless at everything and remove all my emails to elsewhere. More work this shower have caused me.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@bazzer wrote:

The slow / non response time to open an email is just as bad.

As @JonoH has mentioned, we did not expect a noticeable performance boost from the software upgrade. On the contrary, I'd have been very surprised if it there was perceptible improvement in that area.

@Anon wrote:

Whilst I can, slowly, get into webmail, today I cannot get my Pnet email on my desk top mail and I could last night. What have you done now?

We have done nothing that would affect your ability to access your mail directly. What POP3 server are you trying to communicate with, and using what software? Does is work from other machines/locations?

Would it not have been time better spent getting the damn webmail to work and then tinker with the colour palette?

We are spending time looking at the performance problems. Lots of it. The software update is one piece of a larger puzzle, and having a 'cleaner' up to date installation will help us in other areas. The feature improvements are incidental.

@VileReynard wrote:

I see the automatic drop down "feature".

What feature is that then?

Unfortunately, it includes a couple of "test" mailboxes that were deleted several weeks ago. Cry

username+test

username+test2

The upgraded software is using a 'fresh' database, and Webmail doesn't interact with the rest of the email platform in a way in which it can physically re-instate deleted mailboxes Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anon
Pro

I received email last night, none today. I have done nothing different!

As I said, if at first you don't succeed or even if you don't at the hundredth attempt, give up. Will move my stuff over. Looking forward to the end of my contract and get away from you all together. Unfortunately it will be a while.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@bobpullen its got a new bug now Sad  and like i said it just looks better , no improvement

mail.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Scooterman999
Rising Star

I'm reluctantly inclined to agree.  How many times have we been told that PlusNet engineers are aware of the chronically slow webmail speeds and that they are working on the problem?  I was hopeful this morning that things were better and noticed that attachments are loaded up from the right-hand side and that there seemed to be more little icons on the top. But what's the use of all this prettifying if the underlying function isn't fit for purpose?

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Oh, and by the way, not sure if this is a PN bug, but whilst typing an email just now the whole thing froze and I had to physically turn of my (almost brand-new) machine and re-boot it.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@rongtw wrote:

@bobpullen its got a new bug now Sad  and like i said it just looks better , no improvement

mail.PNG

Looks like a .css file failed to load. Did it fix itself after a page refresh? Only other thing I can think is that we've got caching switched on for this version where it was switched off before.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post removed as cross-posted here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@VileReynard wrote:

Unfortunately, it includes a couple of "test" mailboxes that were deleted several weeks ago. Cry

username+test

username+test2

@VileReynard You use Firefox as your browser? My betting is you do as I am also seeing the remembered logins.

This is nothing to do with Plusnet and everything to do with the recent change in Firefox.

Hover the mouse over the redundant entries and hit delete to make Firefox forget them.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AmigaMan
Rising Star

All I get today is "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE". All day! Frustrating is an understatement and my patience is wearing very very thin. If IT and engineers at the games company I work for were as incompetent as those that work for PlusNet they wouldn't last very long. It has to be incompetence. No company has a problem like this that goes on for months and months. Well, except PlusNet it seems. I've looked at service Status and no mention of any email problems today.

bazzer
Pro

I have had exactly the same. The worse it's been in recent times and I am taking into account that it is months and months since the service was 'normal'.

It's a disgrace that this can continue for so long and incredible to think that no one at PN has the know how to correct it.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

@jelv wrote:

@VileReynard wrote:

username+test

username+test2

@VileReynard You use Firefox as your browser? My betting is you do as I am also seeing the remembered logins.

This is nothing to do with Plusnet and everything to do with the recent change in Firefox.

Hover the mouse over the redundant entries and hit delete to make Firefox forget them.

Yes, I use Firefox for all browsing - normally I can click on box and see a number of entries. Don't know why it was thought a good idea to show all possible memorised mailboxes. I suppose its for the "technically incompetent" population.

I actually use Thunderbird (following Plusnet's "server fix") which allows me to use a proper maildir format (one file per email). I archive most emails to local storage, which eventually gets backed up.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's one Firefox feature I often have issues with. It remembers all the attempts, including those where fat fingers caused me to duff up what I keyed!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You can edit memorised user/password pairs manually....

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@bobpullen  yes tried later and its ok SLOWWWWW but ok

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .