cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

I delete (when Webmail allows me to anyway) most emails as they come through. I have very few pages of emails in my InBox and none in any other folder as I delete them often. I still have suffered all the problems noted in this thread.  At first, months ago, Plusnet tried to tell me to delete emails every time I complained about slowdowns and I used to explain I had hardly any emails in my InBox but it seems that was just their standard reply at the time.

mickledore
Dabbler

Hi there. I've just joined to say that Plusnet e-mail stinks.

This has been going on for months now and I'm fed up of ringing the laughingly titled "Help" section.

The problem always gets worse in an afternoon. First thing in the morning and it's fine. Last thing at night it's fine. Coming to lunch it slows down. Afternoon? Forget it. That tells me it's volume related and the wonderful Plusnet system isn't big enough to cope.

I try using the browser, Thunderbird, my phone via 4G via wifi. I've even set my wife's Vodafone acccount up to receive my mails and it's always the same. Slow, slow, slow.

I don't get a lot of spam; I delete all read mails as soon as possible and my account is as tidy as it can be.

Still the system doesn't work.

I was told that over Xmas "We are working to resolve the problem". Lies.

Someone is going to ring me on Monday because they are working all weekend to correct the problem. Lies.

I pay good money for this service and I feel that I am being defrauded. I'm regularly lied to and am never given the service I have paid for.

I would have left Plusnet and gone to BT but Easyjet have some bookings of mine and they won't change existing e-mails, so I'm stuck here until August. PIA.

I've now started the slow process of changing my e-mail address to a Hotmail one. I'll advise everyone why I'm doing it.

Wish I'd found this forum earlier!

bazzer
Pro

We are in a world where the internet dominates.

Sky have announced that they will provide dish-less services as programs will be streamed via the internet.

TV takes an enormous amount of bandwidth and yet PN can't handle a few hundred text based emails in folders. You couldn't make it up.

I suggest you email the MD and voice your concern.

I did this previously and whilst he didn't reply to me personally I had a call from PN the following day.

It hasn't made any difference as you can see from the size that this thread is growing to but the more people that complain, and ultimately leave, the more it might make those at PN sit up.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Email address removed.

mickledore
Dabbler

Thanks bazzer.
I really had no idea of the extent of the problem till I found this site an hour or two ago.
I'm fed up of ringing them and being told that they know of no specific problem. Obviously they are well aware of what is going on but would prefer it if we just paid up and shut up.
I'm promised a call from some geek on Monday. I just expect more lies but I'll see what he says before going to the top man.
I've already spoken to BT about a switch. They have offered me up to £300 to cover any penalties PN may impose. It will mean a new email address but I can live with that if I get the service I pay for.
bazzer
Pro

Moderator @Dick You've removed the email address I posted. For what reason? It's in the public domain and on one of the PN Community forums.

I really do wish that PN's own customer service staff acted as quickly as you guys do.

Even better, their IT people in resolving issues.

For the record, and for others, the MD's name is Andy Baker, search Google for his email address.

I do hope that PN doesn't feel that names are forbidden.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

We routinely remove full email addresses from this publicly accessible forum to prevent them from being harvested by spam-bots.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bazzer
Pro

@mickledore It's a shame that you found out about these issue so late on.

I have been a PN customer for many years, from the days when I wholeheartedly recommended them. The days when they were great as was the service.

I genuinely feel sorry for the guys that work there who do not pull the strings but come to work because they have to and yet get abused for matters they have no control over.

It's the fat cats that sold out that should be held to task but, of course, they won't come to the fore and sort the mess out.

bazzer
Pro

@Strat Fair comment and given the state of play at PN I guess if Andy was targeted by Bots he wouldn't really know about it because he won't be getting any email.

As I said previously, I got his email address from another PN forum post dated 3 years back.

mickledore
Dabbler

Hi again.
I joined here way back in dial up days in approx 1998. Stayed here and converted to broadband. It's been more or less OK until late last year when the mail system became a load of xxxxx!
I've as much loyalty to PN as they have to me.....zero.
I pay my money and I expect to get the service I pay for - not lies and obfuscation.

Don't worry about the email address. It came to me in the notification. That went to my Hotmail account. See - the change is already underway.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Would that be andy dot baker at plus dot net?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bazzer
Pro

@VileReynard spot on!

mickledore
Dabbler

That's what I can see!
neilhobbs
Rising Star

I see that no one from Plusnet is posting in this thread...  why are they choosing to remain silent?

@JonoH What is the update that you promised yesterday afternoon?  We need details... what is wrong, what are tou doing and when will all this nonsense be over?  We are looking for the truth and not anymore of your rubbish...

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Rate your Broadband Provider

Maybe this will help you guys who are having problems. I regularly rate my ISP (Plusnet) on a monthly basis as it helps build a clear picture of which are the best providers available. In the left hand column menu you can also see how Plusnet compares to other providers. I would urge you to do this as you might be pleasantly surprised.

If not a member already you will need to register to rate Plusnet or if you do a speed test first you can rate them without registering. The more people who rate their provider the more accurate the results will appear.

Think Broadband - Rate your ISP 

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Interesting that that speedtest gives different answers to Speedtest.net.

Although download is about the same at 4.5Mbps, upload is showing as 0.3Mbps whereas Speedtest reports a consistent 0.8+Mbps