cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Gary1
Dabbler

Re: Problems with Webmail

Just to add...  the tech guy I spoke to didn't EVEN know there were problems and he said he had never read these forums, how dumb!!

colintivy
Rising Star

Oh Dear!!!!

I am still here and there is no cure evident, Email just crashed out with No Service/ Server error etc.,etc.,within a few seconds of logging in! Just when can we see some progress with this wide spread phenomenon?????????

Gary1
Dabbler

Has anyone also noticed when sending an email with an attachment more often than not the attachment is 'zeroed' out to 0mb so actually does not attach.  When sending more than one attachment the 2nd attachment will cancel the first one out.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Does not surprise me I have been having trouble with attachments for what seems like ages Mine just wont send doesn't give me reason so now I don't bother if I have to send an attachment I send it with another e mail service BT actually which what makes this all the more weird BT Owns Plusnet although no one seems to like admitting it Yet I have no trouble with my BT Account explain that one Huh

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Fantasticfourum wrote:

.... if I have to send an attachment I send it with another e mail service BT actually which what makes this all the more weird BT Owns Plusnet although no one seems to like admitting it Yet I have no trouble with my BT Account explain that one Huh

Although the BT group owns Plusnet it is a separately run company that shares none of BT's ISP infrastructure.  The Plusnet mail service has been 'hanging on a thread' for a long time (years) and is in serious need of an overhaul - but the bean counters say 'No' to investment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colintivy
Rising Star

Following my last, I am pleased to report, at very long last that today, for what seems to be an age! My email has been in place, serviceable and not too leisurely !!! It could be a Sunday effect but I hope that is not the case. Anyway I will keep an eye and hope that the problem is permanently solved. Huh

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Your lucky I am still getting the same [-Censored-] service as I have been getting No improvement here !!!!!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed as per forum rule.

Gary1
Dabbler

Mine is still dreadful too.  I have lost business this week due to 'service unavailable' and not being able to attach anything to an email.  Plusnet are [-Censored-].  Like I keep saying WE SHOULD ALL FIND ANOTHER BROADBAND PROVIDER to hit plusnet where it hurts.  Today I started a new email with someone and after Xmas I am going to cancel plusnet direct debit forever!!!  PLUSNET ARE RUBBISH!!!!!!

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Send and email (if you can ) direct to Andy Baker (CEO) and also call Ofcom . I am planning to do this on Monday.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

A few things I don't understand with all these "webmail" threads, especially for important e-mails (this is not intended as a criticism):

Why use webmail as a primary e-mail system when IMAP gives the same facilities (and more), though it requires an e-mail client? Use of webmail can be useful for times when your IMAP client(s) are not available.

Why use an ISP mail service as a primary system, with all the hassle when changing ISPs (whether or not it is your own domain)?

Why use an ISP mail service for business e-mails, whatever the business type? Though the service should be better with a business account.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Whilst i agree with PeeGee , i very rarely get emails so i dont think i need another Email program .

all i need is a basic webmail , But PN,s is hardly a basic Sad

Maybe once a week i check unless i am expecting one , but its so unpredictable if i can actually access my emails , sometimes i even click to open a Mail and it opens a different one than the one i select Sad

But like several here am getting sick and tired of hearing same old excuses from PN

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gary1
Dabbler

In response to PeeGee I wonder whether you would enlighten me as to what ISP and IMAP is.  I only use basic email as that is all I have knowledge about but if there is something better out there I don't know about please tell me.  I have no knowledge of primary and business systems, domains etc.  Are you saying webmail is basic tat and there is something better that I'm unaware of?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, which refers to Plusnet and other providers like ourselves.

Using IMAP I would recommend setting up your Plusnet email on a mail client, for example Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, Mac Mail because the performance is better as the known problem we currently are investigating appears to affect the Webmail service more.

This link will advise what settings you would need and explain how to set up your Plusnet email on the most common mail clients:  https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

the known problem we currently are investigating appears to affect the Webmail service more.

Once again same old replys Sad  PN has been investigating this for years Crazy2 and still havent found the cause
Every now and again you post the same update
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I was just trying to offer some advice for those who prefer to use a Plusnet email address, to set it up on a mail client as that provides better performance. We are still working on bringing the webmail service back to the expected standard.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button