cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

bazzer
Pro

Re: Webmail speed

It's been quiet because it is mostly a waste of time trying to get any further with PN.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have Plusnet tried this solution at http://www.pcanswers.org/pcfixer/lp.php?camp=274388921&adg=1198467854152904&thread=Server%20Error&mt...

It says "This issue has been resolved. Download Computer Error Repair Tool. " GrinGrinGrin

Plusnet must be getting pretty desperate by now.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link removed by request.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bazzer
Pro

Grin Or another option is to await a call from one of those technical support services based in India. They will offer to log in to PN's servers and resolve the issue for a small fee. Let's face it, they can't do any worse!!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It might seem like that, but things are happening, albeit not improving the service as quickly as anyone would like. Lots of "me too" posts don't really add a lot of value but a small number of "liked" posts when the service is barely usable help to keep the Superusers informed. To this end "liking" such posts as a matter of principle is less helpful.

David
bazzer
Pro

Sorry but I don't quite follow. What things are happening and if not improving the service quickly how much slower can it get?

I have errors every single time I try to access, send or delete emails, this has been going on for 2 years so where are the improvements?

PN do next to nothing to explain the issues or to give any timeline as to when (IF) they will be rectified.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have given up - I have today transferred my email service to Gmail

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Eventually, everyone will do that & Plusnet will be able to run all the email from an old PC that they bought on ebay.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bazzer
Pro

You mean the PC they’re using now? Smiley

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi all, 

Sorry for the continued performance issues.  We are still doing things on this, it's not been abandoned.  (I just don't want to keep coming in here saying "we're still working on it" all the time)

Are you seeing any difference in performance today?   We did some upgrades of the storage devices behind the scenes on Wednesday morning.  I'm not expecting anything dramatic, but a check in from real users would be good.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Kelly

First attempt at logging in to my force9 account...3 minutes+ and the attempt failed with no error message.

Closed page and tried again.

Second attempt logged in after 9 seconds with a fully populated inbox at the 33 seconds mark.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bazzer
Pro

@Kelly I'd rather see you come on here and say you're doing something than not see anything. Although what I would really appreciate is knowing what the issue is and why after nearly two years we are still talking (ranting) about it and experiencing problems.

That is what I cannot get my head around.

If similar was being experienced with broadband PN would be history, no one would put up with it.

Anyway, to your question, no, not seeing any improvement, still the same server error messages I frequently see, the same multi selection of emails to delete that are greyed out and not deleted until I reselect and go through the process again.

One minute it can be fine the next minute the error messages appear so it's nigh on impossible to actually know when improvements are being made.

The only measure will be when there is an extended period without error.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Feedback heard @bazzer.  I'll stick my nose in here more often, at the least to demonstrate we're still reading this thread.  (I get an email for every post in here which I do read)

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Kelly i must admit there has been NO real world improvement with webmail Sad

But that does mean its bad all the time , but like a lot here will say its totally ridiculous how we still see no real fix even after 2 years Sad

Mind you its not as long as the wait for the new billing system Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Walter
Rising Star

Kelly, I have had very slow access to webmail for several months including this evening.

Hope you get the problem fixed soon

Regards

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon is a long word Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .