Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: webmail is sooooooooo slooooooow

Conversely Webmail is perfectly fine for me today. No problems at all.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Attila_The_Pun The Outlook 2016 0x8004210A error will be due to POP mail access problems which have been mentioned in other posts today. A temporary workaround is given in the quote below..

bobpullen wrote on 25-09-2017 at 9:37am:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-POP-server-not-responding/m-p/1480084#M21112
A temporary workaround would be to change your incoming mail server address from mail.plus.net to 212.159.9.81 (assuming you have a *.plus.com address).

David
bazzer
Pro

Webmail completely ******

Why oh why can't this poxy service hold its head above water for more than 5 minutes?

When I think all is resolved I now find myself back to square one.

Its taken over 15 minutes to load 47 emails yet I can't do anything with them because each time I click on one I get the dreaded Server Error (Internal Server Error) message.

And I checked the service status page only to find that the last entry was on Thursday when only a tincy wincy number of customers have been affected!!

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Perhaps Plusnet are attempting to run mail on an "optimal" server (for Plusnet). This means that they keep removing capacity and then adding a little bit back if it's a total failure.

Unfortunately, any old fool with a virtualised server can do this.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bazzer
Pro

TBH I don't really know what they are doing and I mostly don't care what goes on in the background, I just want it to work and to work consistently.

Attila_The_Pun
Rising Star

@spraxyt wrote:

@Attila_The_Pun The Outlook 2016 0x8004210A error will be due to POP mail access problems which have been mentioned in other posts today. A temporary workaround is given in the quote below..

bobpullen wrote on 25-09-2017 at 9:37am:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-POP-server-not-responding/m-p/1480084#M21112
A temporary workaround would be to change your incoming mail server address from mail.plus.net to 212.159.9.81 (assuming you have a *.plus.com address).

Thanks sprayxt, but I'm afraid this did not help.  When I get the 0x8004210A errors, they happen whether I use the mail.plus.net server or use 212.159.9.81.  And when the email downloads are working, they work on both server addresses.  In any case, I get the error across all 4 email accounts I am trying to access, including one (mail.onetel.net) which is not even a PlusNet one. So mine must be something other than a PlusNet problem.  When one fails, they all do, and when they work they all work.

I think I will create a new email profile in Outlook and see if that fixes it.  From what I can see in the Microsoft help sources, this could be due to a number of causes.  I have eliminated the Norton email scanner as one of them, and now am scratching my head (and rubbing my eyes).  I'll have to take myself off to the Microsoft community forum to continue this, I think.

PlusNet webmail is still rubbish at this moment - takes about a minute to move one email to another folder, and the same to move from one folder display to another.  Absolute rubbish.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

HI,

The above workaround wouldn't work in this circumstance.  The previous issue being dealt with by that fix was restricted to a datacentre and the fix meant your traffic went to the unaffected datacentre.   The issue we've been having since Wednesday night/Thursday was more general across the datacentres.

It looks like today is much better than Yesterday and Thursday/Friday.  Is that the case for you all?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Kelly - From around 0730 this morning when I started the laptop, mail via POP (my preferred way) has been 100% OK.

I also had no problems with webmail at all yesterday, but there again, I only had 5 emails all day, and they were not urgent, so I picked them up this morning with no problems,

John
bazzer
Pro

@Kelly Huge improvement noticed today.

Attila_The_Pun
Rising Star

@bazzer wrote:

@Kelly Huge improvement noticed today.

As has been long-established on this thread, when it's good for some, it's not for others.  Until it's working well, and consistently so, we can't say it's fixed.  It worked well for me earlier today, but not all the time.

confident
Rising Star

Had given up even trying to use webmail, but thought I'd try and get in this evening to clear old messages out a bit. 15mins later I'm still waiting for it to load. Angry

confident
Rising Star

Taken so long it has logged me out! Crazy2

If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

OH dear Embarrassed

webmail.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
davidwd

FYI

I have had the same "server connection error" message, but could still connect and view my webmail messages.

David

AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Is it safe to do that?