Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: webmail is sooooooooo slooooooow

If "small" is interpreted as "less than half" then it's probably true. Angel

David
mrob
Grafter

Yes, I find that "small number of customers" phrase very annoying.  

Perhaps it would sit more easily with me if they took equal trouble to mention problems were affecting "loads of customers" as happened for months and months on end last time around !

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Webmail has been dire most of today and slow now.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Latest Status update HarryB still says its a SMALL number of customers Undecided

1442 is a small number of posts  = 97 of pages Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 515

1442 posts but not 1442 different customersWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

And not all at the same time either. It's just like last weekends broadband slowdown where people were adamant it was nationwide yet an independent source (TBB) proved otherwise.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Working perfectly now - thanks for resolving!

mickledore
Dabbler

Once upon a time, when there were fairies roaming the woods....

we used to get e-mails explaining what was happening. We would be told if work was going to take place, and if there was an interruption for some unexpected reason we would get an explanation and apology.

That of course falls under the heading of customer service.

But that was then. And now? We're just the saps who have to pay up and shut up.

Remember...it's all about the bottom line, dividends, bonuses and keeping the shareholders happy.

Customers? Just a nuisance.

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Incredibly slow this morning but at least it's working. Just.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - but at 5am it was quick (well, for Webmail it was quick).  

So that's the cure, every user gets allocated a 5min time slot once a day!l 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webmail just died on me with this legend in attached pic.: Is this any help to anyone?
Attila_The_Pun
Rising Star

I had actually been planning since last week to write and say that all the webmail performance problems seemed to have gone away - and then ask why no-one at PlusNet had explained what had been wrong and how they fixed it.

But today it has been diabolically bad at times, with loading and deleting of emails being very slow, and the occasional 'Server error' message.  So, the Webmail system is evidently still sick, like it has been since this thread began, about a year ago.

Added to that, my email client (Outlook 2016 [365] on Windows 10) has most of today been giving error:

"0x8004210A The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP)." 

Secondly, since yesterday, Outlook keeps prompting me for my password for each email account on every scheduled or manual send/receive cycle - as if the logged-on session to each account has been lost.  (In one Outlook session, I normally only have to log in once to each email account being read.) [This itself cannot be a PlusNet problem, since it is happening on another non-PN email account too.]

Thirdly, after I do sign back in to all the accounts, if it does actually pick up mails instead of giving the 0x8004210A error mentioned above, it then exhibits an error I have been getting intermittently for more than a year, which is that it downloads all the emails that are sitting in the inbox on the PlusNet email server, not just new ones that have not been downloaded before, so I end up with multiple copies of emails, and have to delete all the duplicates (fortunately made easier by Outlook's folder clean-up button).  [I have my options set in Outlook so as to leave messages on the server for a set number of days after downloading to Outlook - for reasons that are not relevant here, just related to being able to read the latest emails on my phone.] I have never been able to determine whether this ‘multi-download’ fault is in PlusNet or in Outlook.

For the above reasons, I do need to use Webmail toaccess emails and delete unwanted ones directly on the server, but the Webmail service has been pretty awful. For a great deal of the day, I have been unable to collect my emails via Outlook and intermittently unable to see them on PN Webmail either. I’ve had to manage new emails as best I can via my email app on my Android phone.

Is this life?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Outlook has been pretty slow for me today but never got any errors. Webmail was so slow that I gave up at one point.

All seems very nippy again with Outlook but Webmail still sluggish.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

webmail was bad today Sad  and even thunderbird would not connect

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
AmigaMan
Rising Star

"Service Unavailable" for a lot of the time. When I can eventually download emails it takes about a minute to delete.