Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: webmail is sooooooooo slooooooow

Kelly

At around 13:10 today  I was trying to look at new emails, including yours, when the Webmail just seemed to freeze and sit there doing nothing (twice).  Then there was a yellow pop-up box thing that said there was an error.  Of course, as it wasn't working correctly, I couldn't read your comments about anything!

Just before typing this it was taking about 10s to show both the Inbox and the Sent listings.  After clearing all history etc, and restarting Opera, it was much the same.

Yesterday it was slow on and off and very bad around 5pm as I recall.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly,

I spoke too soon!

at around 13:30 I got another Error message and had to close and restart Webmail

at 13:32 The Sent list took 21s to load

at 13:34 the inbox took 24S switching from the Sent list

Maybe the bug is still there?

Bob

bazzer
Pro

Was there an outage earlier? I could not access any mail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has been slow during the day but I've got into the habit of clicking on the Inbox then going to make some coffee and it's always there when I bring the mug back to my desk.  It's one of those tedious things that will prompt me, in a moment of annoyance, to change provider now that my contract is up.

bazzer
Pro

Today has been an exception as the last few weeks has since tremendous improvement.

Seems OK now hence why I wondered if there had been an outage.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Webmail is bad for me today, taking 1 minute 4 seconds to populate my Inbox.

Maybe something to do with the fact that I have over 560 emails in my Junk folder, most of which arrived this week?

Cleared the Junk folder and the Inbox refreshed in 9 seconds.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mickledore
Dabbler

It's damned near impossible for me to get my e-mails. Been getting slower all week but today it has virtually stopped.

What is going on?

mrob
Grafter

Not again surely !!!!!

I can see from when I lasted posted here that I have only had about 2 months of functioning email and now am encountering the familiar problems that we all endured for months and months and months prior to that....and no mention of any current problems when I check service status.

I'm hoping against hope that this isn't a return to normal (bad) service because, based on experience, I have no reason to believe that Plusnet will address any problems with any efficiency or respect for communicating with customers about the problems.

Mrob

mickledore
Dabbler

I keep getting timed out before I get connected.

Does nobody care?

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As a contrast it's working perfectly for me!  Grin

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Yep, webmail has been abysmal for the last couple of days. Here we go again Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just so you're aware, I've posted the following over on the service status section of the forums.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Webmail-Issues/m-p/1478985#M231

We're currently aware of an issue affecting a small number of customers where they are experiencing issues accessing or viewing emails via our Webmail service at webmail.plus.net

Our engineers are investigating and we'll provide an update as we can.

Kind Regards,

Plusnet Support

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have given up hope of it getting Fixed Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I care mickledore, but I'm fairly sure that Plusnet don't.  They're acting like a company that's about to be taken over, and no-one from the CEO downwards can do anything about it.

Today, I got timed-out twice. Then at 17:55 I waited 2mins 8secs for the Inbox to populate (new expression I learned today), but now I can't get anything.

When I was having similar problems some weeks ago, I emailed Andy Baker, Plusnet CEO.  I didn't get a reply from him, but I did get some emails from various Customer Services, and ultimately the service improved.  

Then it died again, so I emailed BT Global Services new CEO (whose name I've left out to save the moderators removing it).  I had a holding message from their press office, but nothing else.  But again the service improved.  

There's a person called Kelly (whose posts are above) that also is involved with Plusnet 'tickets', but I'm not sure about his/her level of influence.

I suppose the next step is to ascertain the CEO of the overall BT Group and see if he/she is aware of the situation.

Incidentally, I know nothing about IP addresses, but according to Ookla Speedtester, every time I get an email problem, I seem to have a new location and IP address.

bazzer
Pro

Kelly has been good in providing updates and responses to queries.

I have also experienced issues today with error messages such as "Server Error (Internal Server Error)"