cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anon
Pro

Re: webmail is sooooooooo slooooooow

Because of the way it is offered and supported I think, legally, you will find that it is available without additional charge, which means that it is already paid for in the package, so it is not free.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

There is no charge for customer support, but that is provided totally free of charge (sic).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anon
Pro

As is any other part of the service we buy in the package.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I know this is something people never do, but you all really need to read the terms and conditions you agreed to.

Plusnet Broadband and Fibre Service Terms

These terms apply where you take either broadband or fibre broadband services (both of which we call the service unless we are referring to the fibre or broadband service specifically).

1. What we provide

1.1. We'll provide you with access to the Internet, helpdesk services, and any other equipment, applications and features as described at www.plus.net/broadband.

If you look at the linked page and expand any of the See what else is included links you will find no mention of email.

It is free and Plusnet have no legal obligations whatsoever for the standard of the email service. In fact they could legally end the service tomorrow and it wouldn't even give you the right to terminate your contracts early!

Note that UK Support is included 365 days a year, so if they decided support wasn't available on Christmas Day you could all terminate your contracts early without penalty.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tish Posh!  Your comments are generally specious.

There's a whole list of items that Plusnet are deemed to provide that are not included in the six categories that that link takes you to.  One specifically doesn't say it allows you to upload, only that you can download!  There's no point in listing all the other items as there's no mileage to it.

If I don't like what PlusNet provide, I can go elsewhere, but in general terms I think they do a good job (with a few lapses along the way), I just want them to deal fairly with any complaints that I have, and this they are not doing with Webmail.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@qezeq wrote:

If I don't like what PlusNet provide, I can go elsewhere, but in general terms I think they do a good job (with a few lapses along the way), I just want them to deal fairly with any complaints that I have, and this they are not doing with Webmail.

Just so you know @Anonymous, we are continuing to work on the webmail issues.    It looks like we've got a patch of poor performance happening right now which we are looking at.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anon
Pro

Interesting that Kelly does not say "we are providing this free, stop whinging".

I think you will find that as this is supported and one is told how to use it and no mention of a disclaimer that all of this does not in law make this a service they can cancel at any time, deems them to provide it as part of the included costs.

VileReynard
Hero

So what is the meaning of https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/ Lips_are_sealed

Anon
Pro

Not sure if you are pointing that out to say it's a free service or included?

VileReynard
Hero

If Plusnet tried to charge for email, everyone would laugh and go elsewhere.

Anon
Pro

It's charged in the package you buy, if you leave they charge you to keep using it.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Leaving-PlusNet/td-p/1418973

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly,  FYI

Further to your comments in my 'Question 155769177' (to which I am no longer offered the chance to reply) my download of the INBOX list this evening (at C19:25) was 29 seconds, and the SENT list was 19 seconds.  My current download broadband speed, according to BTW is 49Mbps and upload is 12Mbps..

Kelly
Hero

Further to your comments in my 'Question 155769177' (to which I am no longer offered the chance to reply) 

Looks like I accidentally closed your ticket when I replied to it. Sorry about that. You can keep me/us informed on here if you want though going forward re: mail if you'd like. Just to confirm what you saw, we did see a slowdown for part of the platform last night at about that time, and you were affected.
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

FYI, webmail is currently very slow/down.  We're working on it.

Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

And should be back up now.

Let us know if you are seeing any lingering issues.

Kelly Dorset