cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anon
Pro

Re: webmail is sooooooooo slooooooow

I come back from being away and dozens of emails on gmail flash into my inbox at an incredible pace. I then wait over 30 seconds for 3 from Pnet. It must be improving it would have taken a minute not so long ago. Glad I moved most over will get on with the rest.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi all,

How has the experience been with email in general over the past week?   It's looked better from our side, although it does look like it might have got slower in the afternoon yesterday if you have a large mailbox.  Any  experience of that?

Thanks

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
cassuki
Rising Star

I haven't logged in for a while but did log in late yesterday afternoon.  It was a bit sluggish but nowhere near as slow as it has been for the past year.

bazzer
Pro

@Kelly Coincidentally I was tempted to write yesterday to say that I have had very good service recently but I stopped myself for fear of putting the mockers on it Smiley

However, it is much improved and if it stays this way I will be happy.

Thanks for following up.

colintivy
Rising Star

What a pleasant surprise!! Emails coming up promptly, all services just like it was so many moons ago! Let us hope that the service will keep going!! I wonder what the cure was that at last seemed to have worked?

Grin  Thumbs_Up Cool_smiley

Kelly
Hero

Hi, 

Yeah, it's nice to have it closer to working properly, but we still have work to do on our side.

Once we're comfortable to "sign off" the issue, so to speak, I'll update on this thread.  In the meantime, let us know if you see performance dropping.  Hopefully we'll have already spotted it in our monitoring, but it's good for the confirmation that it's affecting users here.

Kelly Dorset
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's now acceptable most of the time - but occasionally still has problems loading the Inbox.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Hmmm...18 seconds to load my inbox today.

Best I've had in recent weeks is 5 seconds.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Kelly
Hero

Just so I know, roughly how big is your inbox @Strat?

Kelly Dorset
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Kelly yes of late it has been useable Thumbs_Up  but it takes a long time to delete Emails

And the ones i marked as junk/spam still arrive in my inbox ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Kelly wrote:

Just so I know, roughly how big is your inbox @Strat?

@Kelly it's around the 560 messages mark at 39 MB and it took 25 seconds to open just now.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
colintivy
Rising Star

@Kelly

Just a note to you, I am having the best email performance now. You may well have to do further some polishing to get the optimum but let us hope no more back-sliding. It has been a long time coming!!

Thumbs_Up Smiley6600

Anon
Pro

sadly mine is incredibly slow, over 1 minute to get one email.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
AmigaMan
Rising Star

Over all my email experience is a lot faster. I still get occasional slow downs and deleting emails can seem to take forever. generally though I'd be happy if it stayed that way and this morning it seems to be fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, 15/8/2017, the nice [CSA Removed] ( not to be confused with CEO Andy Baker to whom I'd sent my complaint email) phoned me and agreed that the email I'd received about slow Webmail was a standard one they send in response to all complaints about slow Webmail.  He said the provider of the software to PN 'was looking into it'.

I suggested that maybe it was to do with my running XP.  He latched on to that as being the problem, and said that PN's minimum system requirements were clearly stated on their web site, and that XP was not supported "as no-one supports it these days".

I said that I'd not have signed up to PN 18 months ago if that had been clear at the outset.

I then set about finding the easily available sys requirements, and couldn't.  The website search function didn't even understand the question.  So I then read all the standard conditions in the 'legal bit'  Not there either.

So, anyone know where it is?

I apologise if the answer appears above in this thread, but when I saw there were over 90 pages of entries on this thread alone, I couldn't face even more reading.

An after thought, XP works perfectly well on the Community Pages, so it can hardly by that XP is at fault.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules