Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Problems with Webmail

Hi, can you try again please?  It might be slow, but it should be working now.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
carterwillow
Hooked

it's working !!

thank you so much

colintivy
Rising Star

@Kelly

I do not know how you can push a button and speed up loading for one lucky customer. I generally do emails very early in the morning to get anything like a decent service, which is a bit tiring for a VOAP !! How many years for solution? I may not benefit then?Huh

carterwillow
Hooked

If it's any consolation I spoke too soon. My emails loaded lovely this morning but since then I haven't been to load them again. I can't believe a large company like this can treat it's customers so poorly 😦😦😦
AmigaMan
Rising Star

That's just normal service for me. I get emails when I arrive at work about 6.30 in the morning. Any time after about 8 o'clock and it's very hit and miss and always VERY slow and tedious and often I have to wait until next morning for anything but "Service Unavailable".

Kelly
Hero

Hi all,

Just a quick check in, how has the performance been so far this week for you?   

(We've graphs etc which give us a view, but I want to just sample how you've experienced it)

Kelly Dorset
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Very lively for me at the moment.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bazzer
Pro

@Kelly I have noticed a massive improvement over the last few weeks. Hoping that whatever the issue was is now resolved.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Still slow for me - should be reasonably snappy at 21.50 but it's just taken 22 seconds to open my Deleted Items folder in webmail

Richard-261
Grafter

It seems pretty good for me too. I haven't done any 'hair tearing' for a couple of weeks.

Richard

2 strokes good - 4 strokes bad : George Orwell.
davidwd

I have a small observation which may be of help.

Since reducing the number of emails in my Inbox from 460 down to approximately 50 to 60 I appear to have gained a lot faster in accessing my webmail.

I have moved the emails to various sub-folders using an IMAP email client (Outlook in this particular case).

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I expect Plusnet noticed their mailserver couldn't cope with moderate sized in-boxes, some time ago.

So their response was to bluster and claim there was no error present.

Typical PR "solution".

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Kelly
Hero

@bazzer wrote:

@Kelly I have noticed a massive improvement over the last few weeks. Hoping that whatever the issue was is now resolved.

As @davidwd pointed out, the smaller your inbox the less likely you are to run into problems.  This mostly true based on the issues we've been working on.

With that in mind, have you specifically done anything to reduce your inbox (deleting or moving email around) which may have inadvertently helped, or is your inbox about the same (meaning it's general performance which has improved)

Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

@drj wrote:

Still slow for me - should be reasonably snappy at 21.50 but it's just taken 22 seconds to open my Deleted Items folder in webmail

Is it all interactions that are slow for you? Or just some (like opening deleted items).  Thanks.

Kelly Dorset
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Well for example I've just tried selecting 4 emails in my Inbox and hit Delete - I was then waiting over 30 seconds.

Twice in the last 5 minutes I've had a Server Error message.

However both my Deleted Items folders opened within 3 seconds on a test just just now. And a test deleted of nine selected went within two seconds.

I then hit "Inbox" - counted to 60 - and went away to get a drink - it had appeared when I got back!

W10CU - FF54.0 - i5 HP computer