cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

bazzer
Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

@Kelly Access is very slow for me this morning. Error messages and failure to load email content.

Up until today there has been massive improvement over the last couple of weeks. Please don't let it revert to days of old.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Can you PM me your username so I can check it.  

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Kelly   Impossible to use web mail at moment Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Richard-261
Grafter

Regrettably I've been unable to even log in to webmail all day.

When I tried on the laptop with Thunderbird this evening it seemed to take a short while but it worked.

2 strokes good - 4 strokes bad : George Orwell.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Kelly it working fine this morning Thumbs_Up

Kelly
Hero

@Richard-261 Hi, yeah, often when webmail isn't performing well, you're often able to access your mail easier with an email client. You'll see experience slowdowns with retrieving the email, but a client handles it better than the website does.

Thanks for feedback all.  We're still working on it.

Kelly Dorset
vanessen
Rising Star

We were away from 24 May to 1 June with occasional access to Wifi.  Just exactly the time when we want to use webmail - have to use an iPhone or Samsung phone for this.  On almost every occasion when I tried to get PN's webmail, I could not even get to log ion, let alone get a list of messages.  Meantime other sites, including my other webmail address with Fastmail, worked perfectly.  On May 29 I managed to read messages and send 2 replies.  On June 1 we returned home and tried to get the Inboxes since May 24 - and could log in, but PN's system timed out before we could get any messages.  So in summary, a really bad service - yet again.

Yet this morning, June 2, back at home, the service is fine and we can both log in and get messages quickly and reply with no problems.

It is the unpredictable descent into appalling service which is so depressing - and after more than a year of problems, quite unforgiveable.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Did anything happen yesterday (1st June) from 14:30/15:00 onwards?

Not only was I unable to access any mailboxes via webmail, all the family's Android devices kept saying 'Unable to connect' or similar (using Android default email client), particularly annoying as I was trying to set up a new phone for my wife and couldn't exactly test whether things were working or not.

My phone (IMAP) still hadn't loaded any new emails in the early hours of this morning even though I could see them on my PC (POP), all had loaded when I got up at 7AM.

Even though none of the phones could retrieve (or 'see') new emails, they could 'download' the remainder of any that were already visible.

Hope the above description makes some sense.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Richard-261
Grafter

I forgot to say that yesterday I tried to connect with 3 different browsers; IE, Chrome and FF. All the same. Wouldn't connect.

2 strokes good - 4 strokes bad : George Orwell.
Anon
Pro

Back to the slooow step dance.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
AmigaMan
Rising Star

Yep....Service Unavailable is all I can get this afternoon. It wasn't too bad this morning. Slow as always but at least I could get my emails. Now....no chance.

bazzer
Pro

After two weeks of very good service I thought we'd turned a corner, thought it had all been resolved but seems not. Back to square one and extremely frustrating to say the least.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Its snappy this morning Thumbs_Up

colintivy
Rising Star

For a change, emails and Forum quite lively today despite lots of rain (overhead wiring all the way to the exchange).

Keep it up!!!!

Thumbs_Up

Kelly
Hero

Just as an FYI, the nature of the issue we are seeing means that you can have people reporting the platform as being completely fine, but others having problems in picking up email with IMAP or through webmail at the same time.

Keep letting us know when you run into issues though.   We are still working on things.

Kelly Dorset