cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

davidabsalom

Re: Problems with Webmail

Access to emails has been dire for weeks if not months. Plusnet marketing emphasises straight-talking so why no acknowledgement that the service is not acceptable and that something is being done to improve it. Now the cost is being increased. There must be another provider out there who can do better than this. Time to move on?

davidabsalom

Not important to fix because it's free? If enough customers jump ship that perception will change.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

IT's the worst it's been for me today - new error messages too

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

... and 

Anon
Pro

Looks like they are working very hard to get rid of all their customers and then just shut it down, no one wanted it will be what they say. it was a free service but no longer required.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anon
Pro

@Griff wrote:

Perhaps the useless customer service ethos of British Telecom has spread to their wholly owned subsidiary PlusNet!  I've e-mailed the BT Chief Exec in the past & suggested he appoints some senior managers at PlusNet who have a proper commitment to customer service.  My problem using Madasafish webmail had continued for over a year after PlusNet took them over, yet was fixed several weeks after the e-mail . . . coincidence I'm sure . . . or was it.  Anyway a few hundred e-mails to the BT top man to this effect can't hurt, he might send some rockets up a few a****s!  If you'd like to e-mail kis address is:- michael.rake@bt.com

But the senior execs at Pnet are doing their job, they are closing this service down and that will save money, just as required by BT chiefs.

bazzer
Pro

@drj I am receiving the same error messages as you. I have never seen these before until today.

What now is going on?

bazzer
Pro

I don't think I have ever witnessed a thread that is currently 81 pages long, complaining of the same issue and yet not resolved.

mrob
Grafter

Yes, unresolved after 81 pages of complaints...incredible !

Just when I was getting used to functioning webmail for a while there (slow, but basically functioning)...now I'm back to the error messages !

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I haven't been able to look at email via webmail for over 48 hours. Worst it has ever been in the nearly 20 years I have been with them.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i got the spinning wheel of doom Sad  even thunderbird was struggling to connect ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anon
Pro

Pnets tactics definitely working to get rid of all customers who want email. Still working on the last few Pnet emails that I use. Shame I liked keeping certain emails from a different provider to others, but hey one can't have everything. Why should we expect a large ISP who promises to do us proud to sort out their emails in 2 years. Obviously perfectly unreasonable to expect that.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Same here, Webmail not working at all!!!! I usually download my messages via my mail client (Windows 10 Mail) and although it has been slow on more occasions than I care to mention today I can't download important emails using either method.

F.A.O. - Plusnet Staff

So what happened to your input in this thread? There was a time when you attempted to allay our fears by mentioning a fix was being implemented in stages but it would take some time before we would notice the full benefit.

Q1, Was that just a lie to keep us all quiet?

Q2, Have you now run out of new excuses and lies?

Q3, Have you thrown in the towel and refuse to incriminate yourselves further? 

Q4, Have Plusnet bosses silenced you from further input?

Q5, Supposing a fix is still looming (doubtful) do you not think further input might be beneficial at this stage?

We need answers if we are to continue being your customers!

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @MKSlinky

Whilst I have been watching this thread and keeping an eye on the issues you're all having I can appreciate that the issue has dragged on and it might appear to you that we're not serious about solving the problems but that is simply not true.

There have been numerous small changes that have been made to improve the platform, and that's why on the whole (apart from very recently) the service has been slowly getting better.

I've previously stated that there is unlikely to be one big eureka moment type fix and that it will be a series of smaller improvements and work is happening behind the scenes to plan and implement these smaller improvements.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The fact remains, though, that Plusnet haven't the faintest idea of what is wrong.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."