Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problems with Webmail

Good afternoon all,

FYI any issues being able to send attachments via webmail should now be fully resolved. We'd appreciate some feedback if anyone is able to put this to the test.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vanessen
Rising Star

This afternoon I can (just) use webmail with Thunderbird as an IMAP client.  Logging in on Squirrelmai or Roundcube (which PN laughably calls 'advanced webmail) is at the moment a complete failure. I see that PN is now posting weekly status reports on the 'progress' of fixing the webmail system.  Sorry, it is all far to late after more then a year of severe problems.   Like others I have now lost all confidence in Plusnet as a webmail provider and indeed as a company.  My additional problem is that we have for years been using our own domain which is therefore linked in to the webmail system.  However I am taking steps to:

- ensure that all existing emails and folders are safely stored on local folders in Thunderbird, and backed up, and then

- move our domain to be linked to a really good webmail system, Fastmail

and I will if you like keep anyone posted with how this is going. It is not simple so far!

AmigaMan
Rising Star

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE is all I can get this evening. Again.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Oh yes Sad  even Thunderbird is struggling ,,,,,,,,,,,,  web is dire tonight 

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bazzer
Pro

@vanessen Can you provide some more details about Fastmail please? I don't understand whether it is something you use in conjunction with PN where you keep your existing email address or is this another email provider like yahoo and gmail?

vanessen
Rising Star

@bazzer wrote:

@vanessen Can you provide some more details about Fastmail please? .............

Sure, I suggest you look up reviews of Fastmail.com, or their own site https://www.fastmail.com/about/#about

It is not a free service but provides a very competent and fast webmail with easy use of your own domain(s) and 25GB of storage. They respond to queries rapidly.  I have used it for over 10 years and am a very satisfied user.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

bazzer
Pro

@vanessen Thank you. I don't mind paying for services if they are reliable.

In saying that, I'm paying for a service now that isn't!!

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Still absolutely unusable. will not even get as far as listing my email. PN obviously don't give a TO55 about this.

Anon
Pro

It is clear they want to stop providing free email and so they are hoping everyone will just go away because of the dreadful, awful service.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Steve76
Dabbler

Not all of the email provided is "free". I know I, and many others, pay for a JustMail type account to keep our old email addresses active, like my current globalnet email address. So I am actually paying extra each month for an email only service where it seems to be getting harder and harder to actually download the emails.

It really is about time this got fixed!

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Although the webmail is a bit rubbish, it works fine because I download (archive) my email on my PC with Thunderbird.

I assume that because its in a Unix maildir format, that it could be uploaded to a proper mail server one day.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anon
Pro

Why would they fix it, they don't want people to use it?

Griff

Perhaps the useless customer service ethos of British Telecom has spread to their wholly owned subsidiary PlusNet!  I've e-mailed the BT Chief Exec in the past & suggested he appoints some senior managers at PlusNet who have a proper commitment to customer service.  My problem using Madasafish webmail had continued for over a year after PlusNet took them over, yet was fixed several weeks after the e-mail . . . coincidence I'm sure . . . or was it.  Anyway a few hundred e-mails to the BT top man to this effect can't hurt, he might send some rockets up a few a****s!  If you'd like to e-mail kis address is:- michael.rake@bt.com

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Service Unavailable all morning so far. I really am getting absolutely sick of this.

Anon
Pro

I am sure Pnet will be delighted to hear that, you will no doubt do as I have done and move most stuff elsewhere, one less to worry about and one more closer to being able to remove the service altogether.