Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Problems with Webmail

@bazzer

I'm on pcn-bng03 too and is was reasonable at the time of my last post.

However since this issue started I have migrated all my email elsewhere so I only get copies of Plusnet emails on my PN account now. So I just log on once a week to ensure that nothing else is in there. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet email is dead

Have not received any emails in my plusnet mailbox today (at least since 8:30am).  When trying to connect with webmail I get

Server Connection Closed

Description: The server "webmail.plus.net" closed the connection before the transaction was completed.

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet email is dead

@cjags

Funny? My emails are coming as I speak! Speed not unreasonable.

Thumbs_Up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

The service is not dead. This is another sympton of service performance issues, which I suspect to be network connectivity related.

@mods - Suggest this topic be merged with the webmail issues topic.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)
Topics merged as requested.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Emails are now being picked up by IMAP clients. Smiley

Webmail still unable to connect (Server Connection Closed). Sad

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The topic title is wrong and misleading - webmail has been working fine for me for a while now - a week or two...

annthomasltd
Rising Star

jab1  Hi. As a small business from a couple of years back, our naivety on this subject led us to follow recommendations and reputaion to have PN supply our small needs at that time. Due to growth of the company we are now realising the service you mention should/will be the path to follow. Any info, links, recommendations are welcome here. We've seen/followed a couple of links from this forum to such companies, and will do more investigation over coming weeks. We previously have not had need even for a website, unplausible I know in this era but factual for reasons I won't bore you with. Now as we grow, a website is becoming a necessity as a point of reference for potential new partners and more in the future.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@annthomasltd hello. Sorry, I can't really help you very much as far as recommendations for website builders etc. are concerned - I was merely surprised that a company was using webmail as a means of communication. I have been using the web almost since its inception, but as a private individual with no need of anything beyond a connection, so you probably by now know more on how to go about getting what you need than I could advise.

I wish you well in your endeavours.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@rongtw wrote:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Some work was carried out yesterday that we're hoping has vastly reduced (if not completely eradicated) occurrences of this and other server errors. Do shout up if you continue to encounter them.

We're continuing to chip away at the performance fluctuations and have further maintenance work scheduled over the coming weeks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

colintivy
Rising Star

I do not see much in the problem of the inordinate time to deal with emails except early in the morning (before many are still getting up!) Once or twice I have been trying to get in late in the evenings when throughput is likely to be lower and been frustrated by a complete absence of any service at all. I assume that this is due to expedite helpful software and/or hardware actions to clear things up. So far not very successful!

Knuppel

AmigaMan
Rising Star

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE for hours now for me today so the work you did to help eradicate this problem obviously didn't Sad

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I must say it has been working ok for me last few days Huh for some reason it affects some connections worse than others ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anon
Pro

Working but slow

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
AmigaMan
Rising Star

For the second day in a row....SERVICE UNAVAILBLE since 6.15 this morning! been trying every 20 minutes or so.