cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

pippup143

Re: Problems with Webmail

Fed up totally of it. I was told 2-3 years ago it was the area, my signal, machine etc etc, they can come and look but I'll have to pay if they find the problem's here. Last year they actually admitted there was a problem with it and advised me to use Outlook or Thunderbird..which is fine unless you need to access emails somewhere other than in front of your own computer!!! Failed more times than I've accessed it this week........I give up after 20 mins trying. I give up on Plusnet....I'm moving provider because of this it's appalling 

cassuki
Rising Star

Current getting this message every time I try to log in:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just tried four different mailboxes - no problems

not really helpful is it but I wonder why I never seem to have problems

I am on a fixed IP address

cassuki
Rising Star

I've managed to get into the mailbox I was trying but sending a brief email (one sentence) is took 3-4 minutes. I've just tried to send another one and it sat there for 3-4 minutes and then just stopped trying to send it. I didn't see any error so I clicked send again but it did the same thing again.  It did eventually send it after I clicked send a 3rd time!

The first email was sent at 16:31 but it still hasn't arrived at the destination mailbox ... I know that could be anything in between causing the delay but other emails into that mailbox are arriving OK.

cassuki
Rising Star

I don't think the fixed IP address makes any difference because I am currently in work on a fixed IP. I see the same issues here as I do at home.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thank you MKSlinky.  I have registered with Thinkbroadband and yes there's hundreds of complaints about PlusNet, but sadly there are also very many about other providers, particularly BT - which doesn't bode well for us.

When I wrote to Andy Baker the chief exec of PlusNet the customer service guy who rang me back said that if I complained to Ofcom about the disastrous Webmail service it would be simply referred back to PN to sort out.  Webmail is not separately charged for and is therefore regarded as something of no intrinsic value which is provided F.O.C.

But surely a majority of non-technical computer users have come to rely on the mail service provided by their ISP, and it is a hugely important part of their package, whether or not itemised on their bill.

So - I suggest that as many as possible of us email Ofcom about the chronically bad PN service, and if enough of us do it maybe, eventually, something will change for the better.  We should also contact Martin Lewis of Money-Saving Expert.com, and Which? magazine (as Bazzer tells me he did some time ago).  We need to get publicity going outside these forums, but also let's barrage Andy Baker with complaints [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed.

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

I contacted Ofcom late last year to complain about Plusnet Webmail. Unfortunately, Ofcom has no remit for e-mail services, so they couldn't deal with my complaint. This is because a lot of services e-mail are based outside the UK. Very convenient for Plusnet of course ...

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

But until Plusnet can send readable emails notifying us of price increases, there will be no price increases?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Yep the service seems to be getting worse. No improvement whatsoever. I have to get my emails at 6.30 in the morning. By 9 am Webmail is often unusable. It has been all today and is at this present moment. I'm sorry but email WAS part of the package when I first signed up. I don't buy the "It's free so tough" attitude we seem to be getting from PlusNet.

Anon
Pro

Scooterman999 wrote:, but also let's barrage Andy Baker with complaints `[Removed]' 

Done

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Edited a missing word back into the post.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anon
Pro

Obviously Andy Baker at plus.net is very shy or has had his inbox filled with complaints. Shame the forums here will not let us complain directly and need to remove email address. Mind you if we sent them through PNet email he would probably not get them anyway. It is a shame that with such dire, dire service this forum does not facilitate complaints but hinders them and I thought it was here to HELP customers.

No email yesterday but today it is working again, until it doesn't. Pnet are the ultimate disgrace.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Well said Anon.  Another avenue..........`Watchdog'?

bazzer
Pro

You're lucky that his email address stayed on the forum for as long as it did. I saw it was still there after 2 hours so the mods must have been consumed elsewhere. Possibly at a Quadrophenia rally in Brighton?

Without being critical of the mods I do wish that PN were as efficient as they are.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Hi Bazzer - I see they've just archived all your emails without any notice.  I've replied under that heading. 

and under this thread I will say that I've now written (online - it's very easy) to BBC `Watchdog'.  Next stop Martin Lewis.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

And another thing............PN suggested that I delete some of my contacts.  I've tried that, firstly by blocking in about 10 and requesting deletion.  The little red wheel went round and round and round and round.  So I thought I would try doing one at a time (firstly had to log out of the whole programme to get out of the endless loop).  Tried deleting just one contact and what do I get but `Server Error'.  You couldn't make it up if you tried.